Michelle Kwan's Withdrawal | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan's Withdrawal

LegalGirl82

On the Ice
BronzeisGolden said:
:cry:....my heart breaks for her! It is always hard to see someone who has been so good have to deal with something that is seemingly so unfair. But, these things happen. I have never been more proud of Michelle. As has been said so many times before, she shows tremendous grace under pressure. She handles herself with complete class in the face of crushing disappointment. She is something very special, and I don't believe we'll see an athlete quite like her for some time. So, whatever happens (whether she stays or goes, etc.) I wish her the very best. She has a big heart and a great attitude. Anything she wants can be hers. She has given me and countless others a host of brilliant memories over the years, so I genuinely hope that the future is as equally as kind to her. :biggrin:

ITA, Bronzeis. It's been helpful to me to read the positive posts on this thread, especially thisthingcalledlove's (#10), Rgirl's (#16) and Vash's (#58), etc.

Peggy

On the Ice
Doggygirl said:
Michelle, I feel so bad for you. I believe you worked hard for the last 4 years to make your Oly dream come true. I can't imagine how devestating it must be, in the final moments, to deal with a willing mind, but an unwilling body. This must be emotionally devastating. You have a bright future with many paths to choose from. Best wishes to you in whatever path you choose.

Sasha, best wishes to you. I am sorry the press seems more interested in your thoughts on Michelle than your own 4 year drive for this Olympic competition. I think you have handled yourself well, and I know you will give your best representing the USA in this Olympics.

Mzheng, may you find within yourself the grace and class that Michelle has always displayed, no matter what her circumstances.

DG

Doggygirl,
Bless you, what wonderful healing words--a step above anything I've read yet. You certainly captured my feelings about our girls. I hope your good thoughts will find their way to heal the hurt felt by both Sasha and Michelle fans.

Last edited:

mzheng

Record Breaker
Doggygirl said:

Mzheng, may you find within yourself the grace and class that Michelle has always displayed, no matter what her circumstances.

DG
I'm not the one to persistant ask silly question in Sasha's thread. Actually I like her skating tyle. Millie is the one kept harping in Kwan's thread do unnecessary digging....Did I say any thing bad on Sasha? Who bring up sasha in this thread? did you find my any of my post in that "Sasha's reaction to Michelle withdrawing thread"? none!.....In this case at least I display more class than whatever millie displayed.

Last edited by a moderator:

millie

Medalist
mzheng said:
I'm not the one to persistant ask silly question in Sasha's thread. Actually I like her skating tyle. Millie is the one kept harping in Kwan's thread do unnecessary digging....Did I say any thing bad on Sasha? Who bring up sasha in this thread? did you find my any of my post in that "Sasha's reaction to Michelle withdrawing thread"? none!.....In this case at least I display more class than whatever millie displayed.

Sorry mzheng if I offended you by asking questions about Michelle.:)
We don't need to ask anymore questions because they we all answered on the thread --Michelle Kwan-A Bitter End.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I will say it again, why do posters expect other posters to be nicer to the skaters than they are to each other. None of these skaters are affected by what is said on these boards but other posters are. For example I could care less what Sasha Cohen thinks of me but I do care what Millie's opinion of me is. I don't understand why it is not possible to state a negative opinion about a specific situation involving a skater without being labled a basher or hater. Posters need to read the entire post or thread to understand the context of a post before they start attacking the poster. Not liking a particular skater does not make anyone a bad person it just means they don't like a skater or something the skater has done. OTOH not liking a poster because their opinion of something differs from your own is just sick, IMO. I wonder how these people function in their own lives if they are that touchy about someone that they can only admire (or dislike) from afar. Face it these skaters in general have pretty fabulous lives compared to most of us posters. If someone on this board dislikes them their mercedes will still start in the morning and their designer clothes will still look fabulous on them. With our fellow posters most of the time we know very little about the person behind the posts. I know that there are several that have some rough challeges in their lives... their health, the health of a family member......and so on. Also, it seems that we now have an awful lot of very young posters. It always worries me that someone very young or very unstable mentally might take the responses to their posts too seriously and not handle it very well. OTOH when someone repeatedly makes assinine comments they need to be called on it for the sake of everyones sanity so it's a fine line. Hope this makes sense.

It makes a good deal of sense to me, Piel.

For me, I would say even more. There might be a skater that I haven't particularly warmed up to yet, but I know that this is a special favorite of one of my friends on the board. So -- hey -- I'm happy you like your favorite, and it's not my job to throw cold water in your face (though what Mrs. MM sees in Viktor Petrenko...um, never mind ;) ).

As for the young posters on the board, Piel you're a sweetheart to be concerned about them. But not to worry, kids are used to dialogues with their friends that go, you're wack, no you are.

OT -- One of the jobs of the moderators is to keep this board free of profanity, on the premiss that youngsters might be listening in. :rofl: Have you heard how kids talk?

MM :)

I'm with KwanfordWife. There is nothing new in this thread except that MorganLee has bit the dust. The rest of you will stick to your guns and ensure that you are not influenced by others.

Joe

graceness

Rinkside
mzheng said:
.Shep had his US visa done in time by pulling some strings (what strings, should be remain nameless otherwise non-kawn fans will cry out 'unfair' or being super 'jealous') got his US visa done in time. But no one thought about he needs a Italy visa to enter Turino, since no one else needs it, it was a last min finding and had to go a huge circle to get it done. So they (Danny and Rafael) had to leave late than Michelle.....Michelle made decition to withdraw from the Game all by herself alone, she was under tremoundouse pressure. Danny and Raphael heard the news when they were at Paris. Michelle called them. Afterwards Raphael diddn't go to Turino, he diverted to Russia as he planned originally went there after the Game.
y.

Mzheng, thanks for this info. I do have a question, tho. I thought during Michelle's press conference on Sunday, she said that she had dinner with her parents the night before, that they had arrived on Saturday. So wouldn't her father have been in Torino when she made her decision during the middle of the night? I'm confused.

And Joe, I posted a question to you last night on the "Bitter End" thread that I hope you'll answer.

Thanks,
Graceness

graceness said:
And Joe, I posted a question to you last night on the "Bitter End" thread that I hope you'll answer.Thanks,Graceness
Is that the name of the topic? I haven't found Bitter End yet. I'll look in the Olys folder.

Joe

mzheng

Record Breaker
graceness said:
Mzheng, thanks for this info. I do have a question, tho. I thought during Michelle's press conference on Sunday, she said that she had dinner with her parents the night before, that they had arrived on Saturday. So wouldn't her father have been in Torino when she made her decision during the middle of the night? I'm confused.
I diddn't watch her press conference. I was told Danny and Rafael was at Paris waiting for transfer when got a call from MK that she withdrawing from the Game. Estella was with her all the time.

And about the Russian article, most of contents consistant with what 'Rumors' I've heared in past.........I totally believe what she said to TT in that locker room that she loves competing. Though sometimes she could felt confusing herself, just like any young woman at her age. I still remember it was 2004 Campbell, I heard before she leaving she aked "Tell me, just tell me why am I still doing this?". "Because you skate beautyful."....sure no one can tell why she does this, only she herself understand the desire and why. But nevertherless she went each time..... It's been a while, I got those feeling from talking to MS none close to her wanted her to continue (since they saw how much pain she's beeing enduring). Especially Danny, that's why once she decided to go for this year's National and Olympics (after 2005 spring marshalls), she specifically asked Danny's support.

ETA,
Regarding her characters and personality. I'm not here judge anyone, but I do know none is perfect in this world. Ppl are different, but some do come out better than others, that's what general public and moral community appraise for....I did have my own doubts at the time. But one just can't pretense all time over a decada. May be one can in front of camara, but how about those ppl toured with her in COI? ok, I give you that since they are her peers in same circles, they might feel need to put in good words about her out of courtysy....but from ppl who deal with her almost daily, what you see on camara is what you get in real life. Just as nice, gracious and considerated. She went out of her way to help ppl when she diddn't need to, and none even would know.

Last edited by a moderator:

shadymc

Rinkside
Mzheng,

Thanks for the info. Do you have any ideas or feelings about whether she'll try to continue for another year to get that 10th national title?

Joesitz said:
I'm with KwanfordWife. There is nothing new in this thread except that MorganLee has bit the dust. The rest of you will stick to your guns and ensure that you are not influenced by others. Joe
And I can't believe Morganlee gets BANNED--not even a suspension--and Mzheng is still stirring up trouble in every post, even after the two other parties involved agreed to a truce. I say doublestandard big time.

Rgirl

Rgirl said:
And I can't believe Morganlee gets BANNED--not even a suspension--and Mzheng is still stirring up trouble in every post, even after the two other parties involved agreed to a truce. I say doublestandard big time.Rgirl
Morganlee was warned several times. Mzeng has many views on ALL of skating - not just one skater. morganlee was bent on ridiculing the Board.

Rgirl should try to have a mutiny here, imo. She would love to turn Golden Skate into a Sasha only board with warnings of being friendly only.

Joe

Joesitz said:
Morganlee was warned several times. Mzeng has many views on ALL of skating - not just one skater. morganlee was bent on ridiculing the Board.

Rgirl should try to have a mutiny here, imo. She would love to turn Golden Skate into a Sasha only board with warnings of being friendly only.

Joe
Joe, the second half of the post of yours I've quoted above is untrue, if not a lie. I'll check back in 24 hours to see if you've deleted it. I believe you knew it was a lie when you posted it, but since I don't know, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Rgirl

Last edited:

millie

Medalist
OOPS, I thought that GS was Michelle only board with friendly posts only. What I find that there is a lot of fans coming over from MKF forum to start arguments. Over there they are not allowed to say bad things about other skaters so what they do they come here to start trouble and act as if they are the owner of Michelle and they know everything about her. Their aunt's cousin's brother's wife's sister's cousin is a friend of Michelle's mother. I think that some mods are blind to some kwan fans bashing of other posters and other skaters. The only way that you are going to survive on this forum is to be a Kwan fan and lover.

Last edited:
Rgirl said:
Joe, the second half of the post of yours I've quoted above is a lie. I'll check back in 24 hours to see if you've deleted it. I believe you knew it was a lie when you posted it, but since I don't know, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Rgirl
It's an opinion just as others have.

millie said:
OOPS, I thought that GS was Michelle only board with friendly posts only. What I find that there is a lot of fans coming over from MKF forum to start arguments. Over there they are not allowed to say bad things about other skaters so what they do they come here to start trouble and act as if they are the owner of Michelle and they know everything about her. Their aunt's cousin's brother's wife's sister's cousin is a friend of Michelle's mother. I think that some mods are blind to some kwan fans bashing of other posters and other skaters. The only way that you are going to survive on this forum is to be a Kwan fan and lover.
I agree. Although I'm not blind to the fact that trolls from other fan boards come over to "start trouble" under assumed names, in my experience, the vast majority of trouble-makers who are either longtime GS members and those who only show up for Nationals, Olympics, or Worlds are Kwan fans.

I especially agree with you that certain mods do not see the bashing that goes on of fans of skaters other than Michelle and focus only on what they perceive as "bashing" by posters who do not tow the Kwan party line because such posts inflame their own emotions.

We would probably all become so biased if we were head-over-heels fans of a skater. If you're not such a fan of any skater, Joe lies by posting that you are one to try to get under your skin. I find it sad.

Thanks for speaking up. Others who have been afraid to post about "certain mods" have instead PMd me. I don't blame them if you're going to get banned for what Morganlee posted. IMO, it's a bad situation made worse for the mods who are strong fans of Michelle by Michelle's withdrawal from the Olympics and the end of her competitive career as well as the Olympics in general.

I'm not trying to hurt any of Michelle's fans feelings. I don't have to be a fan of Michelle's to feel bad for her and those who love her in the fan sense. But neither can I walk on eggshells wondering if everything I post might offend a Kwan fan. The mods certainly don't care who offends nonKwan fans but they sure as shootin' care like crazy if they perceive that Kwan fans have been offended by a "rogue" poster.

And now, according to GS etiquette, it is my "duty" to stop posting on this thread because I have "upset" a certain mod. Therefore, ta--at least on this thread.:)

Rgirl

Morganlee, for the umpteenth time, was bashing the Board. She claims other nonfan boards do not have a dominance of fans of one skater. She was asked to name one those other Boards. She never got back to us, but continued ridiculing the Board.

Joe