Where's The Group Portrait? | Golden Skate

Where's The Group Portrait?

IDLERACER

Medalist
Has there been an official group portrait taken of this year's olympic figure skating contingent? A Google search only brings up THIS group portrait of the 1994 team.

LBC

On the Ice
They usually take one at Nationals but Michelle wasn't there. Then Sasha didn't come in until after opening ceremonies so they couldn't take one right away. I'm guessing they took a picture of the world team at Nats with Emily as they normally do so that maybe the olympic portrait.

Saundy

On the Ice
IDLERACER said:
Has there been an official group portrait taken of this year's olympic figure skating contingent? A Google search only brings up THIS group portrait of the 1994 team.

Just look at Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan's faces. They look VERY uncomfortable to be sitting next to each other. Tonya looks like she's forcing herself to smile and dying to get away from there.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
IDLERACER said:
Ya know, Idle, I'm a bit disappointed in you. Here you posted the photo and didn't say ONE WORD along the lines of "Of course it WOULD be Tonya letting her tatas hang out..." Are you losing your touch, my friend? :biggrin:

IDLERACER

Medalist
I can't even find a group portrait from '98 or '02.

I'm just wondering if Jason Dundgen had any idea that eight years later, he would wind up married to Japan's entry into these olympics.

nicole_l

Final Flight
There have been portraits nearly identical to the one Idle linked to for Worlds on the cover of Skating, they just might not be online.

Spirit

On the Ice
IDLERACER said:

The 2006 United States Olympic Figure Skating Team

heehaw4.jpg

IDLERACER

Medalist
Spirit said:
The 2006 United States Olympic Figure Skating Team
Ironically enough, the 2005 edition of "Champions On Ice" had a big closing ensemble piece in which all the skaters were sort of dressed like that, except in dayglow colors.