lorie nichol on cbc | Golden Skate

lorie nichol on cbc

missBella

Rinkside
What did Lorie Nichol say about the pairs long program results on CBC today cuz I missed it? Yesterday she was amazed with I & B 's triple axel in the short ( she said that basically Inoue was landing 700 lbs of g-force on her blade ) and also highlighted z & z 's huuuuge! double twist.
I thought she added some thoughful info and it was nice to get new info besides underhill and martini.

lotusland

On the Ice
For some reason I can't remember too much about what Lori Nicol said, my overall impression is she primarily focused on Zhang & Zhang because of her horrific fall.

From what I can remember though, Lori said:
- she had never seen anyone take such a serious fall (Zhang) and then go on to not only finish their program but come back so strong, beginning with landing the most difficult jump combination in the competition ... what a great testiment to their training, conditioning and competitiveness
- she also said the Zhangs had the biggest tricks in the pairs event making their program technically the most demanding
- she gave kudos to Shen & Zhao's return after his serious injury and having missed the entire season, although (AFAIR) she made no comment on their placement
- she mentioned the Russians have not been a team who were comfortable being the world champions, they did not like being pursued