Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: misc PAIRS grumblings

Quote Originally Posted by Vash01
    You brought up several interesting points.

First, did pairs skating take a step back? In a way yes. I don't mean to bash the Chinese skaters but their big tricks have diverted attention from the basics of pairs skating. The COP helps them.

Unison in spins and jumps is a beautiful thing in pairs skating. It also a very difficult thing. IMO skaters are not spending time developing unison anymore because they must feel big tricks would get them the marks, and not finesse.
    I agree - i think the CoP has damaged the paris because its pushing too many singles skating rules onto them. I think one of teh OPCS categories should be scrapped for pairs and replaced with Unison. Or at least have unison added as a category becuase that is hat pairs skating is all about. And if they're going to have levels for twist lifts then they should add levels to jumps as well...why is it with one you get a level enhancer but still get a GOE yet for the other you just get a GOE which is supposed to take into account the same things that are level enhancers for twist lifts???

Ant

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb
    I agree - i think the CoP has damaged the paris because its pushing too many singles skating rules onto them. I think one of teh OPCS categories should be scrapped for pairs and replaced with Unison. Or at least have unison added as a category becuase that is hat pairs skating is all about. And if they're going to have levels for twist lifts then they should add levels to jumps as well...why is it with one you get a level enhancer but still get a GOE yet for the other you just get a GOE which is supposed to take into account the same things that are level enhancers for twist lifts???

Ant
    Shouldn't unison be counted under skating skills and Performance execution. If it is not wait is the whole point of having all these catagories if your not going to judge by them.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6