Men's short on Eurosport now! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's short on Eurosport now!

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Today, the Eurosports audio feed is coming nearly one hour behind 'real time'! They are, at present, giving us Jeff Buttle's skate (just fell)...Buttle is in the first skate group.

In reality, the first two groups have skated and Johnny Weir is about to take to the ice. Here are standings:

start # name country standing score

2 PLUSHENKO Evgeni RUS 1 90.66
11 LAMBIEL Stephane SUI 2 79.04
1 TAKAHASHI Daisuke JPN 3 73.77
5 BUTTLE Jeffrey CAN 4 73.29
8 CHIPER Gheorghe ROM 5 67.66
3 SAWYER Shawn CAN 6 67.20
6 DINEV Ivan BUL 7 63.64
10 PFEIFER Viktor AUT 8 62.17
9 DAMBIER Frederic FRA 9 61.17
4 LI Chengjiang CHN 10 60.23
7 BERNTSSON Kristoffer SWE 11 59.55
12 ZIVANOVIC Trifun SCG 12 53.40

R.D.

Record Breaker
equestrianguy said:
It's over already? I didn't think the men's LP was until Thurs? The Russians only have one figure skating gold from the pairs. Plushy hasn't won yet!?!

In practice, no. But come on...11 point lead? Who can overcome that? This guy would basically have to drop out in order to not win. It's not even funny (or is it, actually??)

This event IS over. At least the Gold medal event is. The competition is now a fight for second place. I fear Irina might do the same in the Ladies' and it will be a total snoozer, a letdown.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Frau Muller said:
Today, the Eurosports audio feed is coming nearly one hour behind 'real time'! They are, at present, giving us Jeff Buttle's skate (just fell)...Buttle is in the first skate group.

In reality, the first two groups have skated and Johnny Weir is about to take to the ice. Here are standings:

start # name country standing score

2 PLUSHENKO Evgeni RUS 1 90.66
11 LAMBIEL Stephane SUI 2 79.04
1 TAKAHASHI Daisuke JPN 3 73.77
5 BUTTLE Jeffrey CAN 4 73.29
8 CHIPER Gheorghe ROM 5 67.66
3 SAWYER Shawn CAN 6 67.20
6 DINEV Ivan BUL 7 63.64
10 PFEIFER Viktor AUT 8 62.17
9 DAMBIER Frederic FRA 9 61.17
4 LI Chengjiang CHN 10 60.23
7 BERNTSSON Kristoffer SWE 11 59.55
12 ZIVANOVIC Trifun SCG 12 53.40

Hi Frau! They're just replaying what they missed when they cut away. Lambiel's already skated. Weir's the next up.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Peaches1972 said:
Is it Zamboni time?

Or is Johnny skating his short program?

You know, when I read this I got the conclusion he was falling all over the place...cleaning the ice, if you will. :biggrin:

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Thanks, childfreegirl. I was wondering 'What the heck???" :rofl:

One of the guys just said: "Coming up - the amazing Johnny Weir...or 'Johnny Weird,' as some day." Awww.....

GO FOR THE GOLD, CAMILLE-the-Swan!

Last edited:

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Frau Muller said:
Thanks, childfreegirl. I was wondering 'What the heck???" :rofl:

No prob Frau. I've been typing what Chris and Simon say, but I'm at work, so it may be sorta spotty. Jump in whenever, if you want.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I wouldn't consider any skating event over until it's over.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Red Dog said:
This event is already over. The russians now have two gold medals. I think they'll get that third one, too. I wonder if the pressure will really be on Irina to complete the sweep.

Although it appears that Plush has skated a 'personal best' awesome SP....I can only say "Remember Nice." Nice Worlds....where Plush had it in the bag yet flopped in the LP and landed out of the medals, right?

It ain't over 'til Lucianno Pavarotti sings!

Simon just said, about Johnny: "He's the John McEnroe of skating!"
"the glove is called 'Camille'...he blames a bad performance on it!"

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Here's Johnny Weir!!!! Applause - yells....

"What's in store for Johnny & Camille?"

"3 axel - BEAUTIFUL!"

"He's on fire - 3ltz-3 toe!" [awww...no quad....]

"3 flip - no problem."

"The enigmatic Mr Weir comes up with the goods....absolutely thrilled...this should take him to 2nd place- better than Lambiel."

YEAH, JOHNNY!!!!!!!

Last edited:

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
For me the event is over when the last skater to perform is done. I actually enjoy people's skating regardless of their placement. It was a joy to attend Nationals live and see all the "lower" tier skaters that we never saw on TV. It was a given that B$A would win but would I just walk in the stands while others are competing and just come back for B&A? That's nuts.

I am absolutely thrilled for Zhenya and glad that Stephane is in the hunt, but there is no way I would say it's over. Maybe the gold is, but there are still 2 more spots left on the podium!

childfreegirl

Final Flight
3a - beautiful!
"He's on fire!"
3L/3t
3f "No problem"

"Thank you Johnny"
"That should take Weir into second place"

40.99 tech
80.00 total

Last edited: