Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 198

Thread: Men's short on Eurosport now!

  1. #16
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,588
    This event is already over. The russians now have two gold medals. I think they'll get that third one, too. I wonder if the pressure will really be on Irina to complete the sweep.

  2. #17
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    This event is already over. The russians now have two gold medals. I think they'll get that third one, too. I wonder if the pressure will really be on Irina to complete the sweep.
    It's over already? I didn't think the men's LP was until Thurs? The Russians only have one figure skating gold from the pairs. Plushy hasn't won yet!?!

  3. #18
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    This event is already over. The russians now have two gold medals. I think they'll get that third one, too. I wonder if the pressure will really be on Irina to complete the sweep.
    I have to agree. Plushenko's got 10 points on Lambiel - really his nearest competitor coming in and that's just after the short. He's got about 20 points on the rest of the field so far. It's over for the gold.

  4. #19
    Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    722
    They're replaying somebody now. Buttle? I stepped out for a sec.

  5. #20
    Always Believed! Sk8n Mama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    520
    I didn't have to see anyone else skate. After Plush I said, "and the door goes slam". He'd have to be absolute garbage in the LP not to get it. And so far, all deserved, as that SP was fantabulous.

    Still for Jeff but deep down I feared this would happen. Looking at the start orders he'll still be top 10 and he's not so far back from Lambiel. Will depend on he actual points for the rest of them.

  6. #21
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    43
    Is it Zamboni time?

    Or is Johnny skating his short program?

  7. #22
    Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches1972
    Is it Zamboni time?

    Or is Johnny skating his short program?
    Zamboni. They're replaying those they missed when they cut away for skiing.

  8. #23
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    835
    Today, the Eurosports audio feed is coming nearly one hour behind 'real time'! They are, at present, giving us Jeff Buttle's skate (just fell)...Buttle is in the first skate group.

    In reality, the first two groups have skated and Johnny Weir is about to take to the ice. Here are standings:

    start # name country standing score

    2 PLUSHENKO Evgeni RUS 1 90.66
    11 LAMBIEL Stephane SUI 2 79.04
    1 TAKAHASHI Daisuke JPN 3 73.77
    5 BUTTLE Jeffrey CAN 4 73.29
    8 CHIPER Gheorghe ROM 5 67.66
    3 SAWYER Shawn CAN 6 67.20
    6 DINEV Ivan BUL 7 63.64
    10 PFEIFER Viktor AUT 8 62.17
    9 DAMBIER Frederic FRA 9 61.17
    4 LI Chengjiang CHN 10 60.23
    7 BERNTSSON Kristoffer SWE 11 59.55
    12 ZIVANOVIC Trifun SCG 12 53.40

  9. #24
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,588

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by equestrianguy
    It's over already? I didn't think the men's LP was until Thurs? The Russians only have one figure skating gold from the pairs. Plushy hasn't won yet!?!
    In practice, no. But come on...11 point lead? Who can overcome that? This guy would basically have to drop out in order to not win. It's not even funny (or is it, actually??)

    This event IS over. At least the Gold medal event is. The competition is now a fight for second place. I fear Irina might do the same in the Ladies' and it will be a total snoozer, a letdown.

  10. #25
    Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller
    Today, the Eurosports audio feed is coming nearly one hour behind 'real time'! They are, at present, giving us Jeff Buttle's skate (just fell)...Buttle is in the first skate group.

    In reality, the first two groups have skated and Johnny Weir is about to take to the ice. Here are standings:

    start # name country standing score

    2 PLUSHENKO Evgeni RUS 1 90.66
    11 LAMBIEL Stephane SUI 2 79.04
    1 TAKAHASHI Daisuke JPN 3 73.77
    5 BUTTLE Jeffrey CAN 4 73.29
    8 CHIPER Gheorghe ROM 5 67.66
    3 SAWYER Shawn CAN 6 67.20
    6 DINEV Ivan BUL 7 63.64
    10 PFEIFER Viktor AUT 8 62.17
    9 DAMBIER Frederic FRA 9 61.17
    4 LI Chengjiang CHN 10 60.23
    7 BERNTSSON Kristoffer SWE 11 59.55
    12 ZIVANOVIC Trifun SCG 12 53.40
    Hi Frau! They're just replaying what they missed when they cut away. Lambiel's already skated. Weir's the next up.

  11. #26
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches1972
    Is it Zamboni time?

    Or is Johnny skating his short program?
    You know, when I read this I got the conclusion he was falling all over the place...cleaning the ice, if you will.

  12. #27
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    835
    Thanks, childfreegirl. I was wondering 'What the heck???"


    One of the guys just said: "Coming up - the amazing Johnny Weir...or 'Johnny Weird,' as some day." Awww.....

    GO FOR THE GOLD, CAMILLE-the-Swan!
    Last edited by Frau Muller; 02-14-2006 at 02:49 PM.

  13. #28
    Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller
    Thanks, childfreegirl. I was wondering 'What the heck???"
    No prob Frau. I've been typing what Chris and Simon say, but I'm at work, so it may be sorta spotty. Jump in whenever, if you want.

  14. #29
    Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    722
    We're back live!

  15. #30
    Forum translator Ptichka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,430
    I wouldn't consider any skating event over until it's over.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •