Who's next? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Who's next?

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Morganlee said:
Ty- you have to understand that these uber fans have no one to lash out at and are furious because their idol is no longer competitive. That is not our fault. Their anger has to land somewhere. Watching them is like watching someone shadow box. It's kind of politically incorrect, you know you shouldn't slow down to watch the car crash but you do anyway.:laugh: .

What? You think this has anything to do with Kwan? You must be smokin'...

You have it totally wrong (like THAT's surprising...) You're an idiot who posts things just to piss people off because you're bored. Whatever. That's your right. But its also my right to call you out.

Yes, Kwan is injured & will miss out on the OGM. And that's terrible for HER, not me or any other fan... not my victory, not my loss. I'm sorry for her, but not angry at strangers because she can't compete... that's childish.

You, on the other hand, do piss me off because you continue to contribute nothing to the conversation, complain about the board and attempt to rip apart a skater that you don't know for whatever reason... What? Did she turn you down for prom or something? Cause you to lose money in a bet?

You're an idiot. Plain & simple. In another thread there's this whole thing about "refreshingly honest." I'm just trying to live up to that standard. Now when you're ready to chat about skating or a skater you appreciate or hell even give a rational opinion about Kwan, then have at it... Until the, please shut up and let the smart people talk.

Sk8fanconvert - Again, I apologize if you find this post offensive. But sometimes a person just has to say SOMETHING... I don't have a problem being the bad girl. As for your thread specific issue, so sorry but this poster is a cancer and you don't let cancer fester... you attempt to cut it out. (and before the PC police swoop in on me, my dad died of cancer so I feel its appropriate for me to make that statement...)

There is a very popular & well respected poster here on GS who is thinking of leaving... not because Kwan pulled out but because we allow these trolls to run around unchecked for fear of being labeled an uber or a "hall monitor" Forget that... I say call 'em on it...

Now when you're ready to

millie

Medalist
People, people if this continues we are all going to banned. It's so hard to bite your tongue and not say anything but you a compelled to react to some of the posters. This goes for both sides, almost everyone is guilty of pushing each other to the limit. I've tried to mellow my posts and try to take into consideration the feelings of other posters but at times it's awful hard to contain myself.

PEACE

sk8addict

On the Ice
Grown up?

Kwanford Wife said:
:boohoo:

You are an idiot AND a troll... but since you won't go away, please at least contribute something substantial to the conversation or shut up. There, now at least you have a direct post to reference when whining about how mean everyone is being to you... GS is for grown ups... grow up or go away...

So sorry to my fellow posters if this offends, but I've officially had it...
Kwanford you are offending me. You need to grow up. Calling someone a troll & an idiot is not mature. If you have officially had it, stay off this thread and it's over for you.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
millie said:
People, people if this continues we are all going to banned. It's so hard to bite your tongue and not say anything but you a compelled to react to some of the posters. This goes for both sides, almost everyone is guilty of pushing each other to the limit. I've tried to mellow my posts and try to take into consideration the feelings of other posters but at times it's awful hard to contain myself.

PEACE

Oh, stop being so mature... But I promise to learn for your example and let it go...

OT... (wasn't this thread about the future of skating? Now, I'm confused...)

I really like Mao & think she will have a bright future in skating. She reminds me a little firefly when she skates... But will she hold up under the bright lights & wear & tear ~ not so sure... As a circa '99 NNN devotee, I have a hard time getting excited about these young skaters...

Wow, the future of the sport is going to look much different in two years, huh? I like Katy & co. but can't pinpoint who is the next "star"... Espcially with the sport going into a paint by numbers direction with a huge focus on body punishing requirements, you have to wonder if the future icons won't be the best but the last skater standing...

Morganlee

Match Penalty
I did not think this was a skater specific board. To call people trolls because they do not worship at certain skating alters is starting to make me think otherwise. There is no reason to respond to this kind of garbage. I guess there is a need for them to spew, however.

sk8addict

On the Ice
warning

Joesitz said:
You've been warned about bashing individuals, skaters and the Board itself. One more attack on an individual, skaters or the Board and off you go.

Is there anything about figure skating you can say good things about? or is it the Board that you must bash? And are you an honest person and can answer the question in a truthful way, were you a member of GS in years gone by?

Joe
Joe, I think that warning should be going to Kwanford as well. I've never seen such a personal attack as the ones she is posting.

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Morganlee said:
I did not think this was a skater specific board. To call people trolls because they do not worship at certain skating alters is starting to make me think otherwise. There is no reason to respond to this kind of garbage. I guess there is a need for them to spew, however.

It's not a skater specific fan board, but it's not a skater specific hate board either.

Honestly, the more COP programs that I see, the more I worry that all that I love about skating is getting phased out. Stephanie was not such a thrill because of her skills, but because she was practically the only one that showed some personality, originality, and flare. Under this system, it was an act of courage.

It's scary to think that we might have a major talent and not be able to tell. They are all doing the same moves to (usually) the same old music selections.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Currently, I set my eye on Mao or Yuna Kim at international stage, but can they make it? At least take 5 years to wait from now on.

Jhar55

Medalist
Sorry, but Morganlee you sound like an old poster that was banned from here long time ago because he/she never had anything nice to say about anyone.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Ladies has always been my favorite since I started following in 1988. Debi Thomas, Kerrigan, and Kwan. I also like Oksana B. in her early pro career. I have always been more of a fan of skaters than skating and get drawn in by something in their personal story. Kwanfordwife I also loved NNN....just adorable. There has always been someone else to take my favs place when they moved on, until know. Alisa Czisney is lovely to watch, has a sweet personality and I like that she attends college full time. From "Ice Diaries" I have come to like Danielle Kahle personality wise and BeBe Liange I enjoy for her talent and personality. None have really grabbed my heart like past favs have so I'm still looking for Piel's new favorite. Not sure if Rene and John will stay eligible, but would love to see them compete some more. NNN and partner have my interest so my fingers are crossed for them. I am thinking Tanith and Ben may just be the next big thing in U.S. figure skating. Tanith IMO has a perfect face, I don't think I have ever seen a more gorgeous looking woman in my life. She also seems to be a great gal too. That ,with Ben's personality and hotness could keep folks tuned for years. They are still very young for ice dancers and have at least one more Olys in them. Being as highly ranked as they are now could mean they may be the skaters most likey to come close to kwan's amazing records. So, NNN and partner, Tanith and Ben, and Czisney, Kahle, or Liange are my picks for stateside.

BTW what happened to Yebin Mok? I liked her skating a lot.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Kwanford Wife said:
There is a very popular & well respected poster here on GS who is thinking of leaving... not because Kwan pulled out but because we allow these trolls to run around unchecked for fear of being labeled an uber or a "hall monitor" Forget that... I say call 'em on it...
Please do tell who is him/her? :)

btw, Someone :biggrin: better than this MorganLee got banned at FSU recently. The poor :biggrin: at least has his own faverate and once in a while can talk about some skating.....the poor :biggrin: can't even survive to see his/her favorate win the Gold. Soo ironically.

millie

Medalist
mzheng said:
Please do tell who is him/her? :)

btw, Someone :biggrin: better than this MorganLee got banned at FSU recently. The poor :biggrin: at least has his own faverate and once in a while can talk about some skating.....the poor :biggrin: can't even survive to see his/her favorate win the Gold. Soo ironically.

That's the thing about these forums and people getting banned. Some people can run their mouth of all they like and nothing being said about it and others are warned and banned. That's the thing about life, it's not always fair.

millie said:
That's the thing about these forums and people getting banned. Some people can run their mouth of all they like and nothing being said about it and others are warned and banned. That's the thing about life, it's not always fair.
Millie - Look closely. There are posters who are deliberately provocative. They are not in GS or other forums to contribute information, discussion or a bit of humour; they are wanting to cause disruption. They are not happy in SashaForum or MKForum because everyone is agreeing with each other.

When a provocative poster hits on the Forum itself, it gives reason to believe that the poster is looking for revenge. These posters provoke normal posters to give retorts which they do not like themselves.

Now to you point implying that the Mods single out only certain provacateurs, we would like an example, please. You may be right and we can apologize.

Joe

millie

Medalist
Joesitz said:
Millie - Look closely. There are posters who are deliberately provocative. They are not in GS or other forums to contribute information, discussion or a bit of humour; they are wanting to cause disruption. They are not happy in SashaForum or MKForum because everyone is agreeing with each other.

When a provocative poster hits on the Forum itself, it gives reason to believe that the poster is looking for revenge. These posters provoke normal posters to give retorts which they do not like themselves.

Now to you point implying that the Mods single out only certain provacateurs, we would like an example, please. You may be right and we can apologize.

Joe

I agree with what you are saying, no need to apologize.
I was just pissed with Mzheng because she attacked me because I was asking questions about Micheel. Then she turned and gloated because someone got banned. Before I write a post again, I am going to take three deeps breaths and think before or write. I think that most of the posters on this form are not mean spirited people.:) :)

mzheng

Record Breaker
millie said:

You know what? This :biggrin: got what he/she deserved at FSU. Cuz most sensable posters there no matter whose fans they are put this :biggrin: guy on ignore list anyway.

Millie, if I diddn't sense some of gleeful tones in your posts in that thread, I won't snark on you. Sorry if you were pissed.

Last edited by a moderator:

rob43

On the Ice
YeBin- I thought she had a back injury of some sort and moved on. I loved her jumps as much as any woman's- ever. They were so strong, fluid and everything was done with proper technique. The downside was that she didn't cheat, switch edges or eek out jumps so they were either all or nothing.

It just made her sakting so clean. I think it was '03 US nationals when she placed top 6 in the short. She did everything so well I really thought the judges might move her up to a top 3 in that portion. She also used a 3 loop in the sp that was actually directly out of moves. I think those should recieve as much credit as the ubiquitous moves-pause-jump flip sequences we see on nearly everyone.