Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 79

Thread: Who's next?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    You've been warned about bashing individuals, skaters and the Board itself. One more attack on an individual, skaters or the Board and off you go.

    Is there anything about figure skating you can say good things about? or is it the Board that you must bash? And are you an honest person and can answer the question in a truthful way, were you a member of GS in years gone by?

    Joe
    I have only answered people who attacked me first (and I might add I have not called anyone out by name or used foul speach) by calling me a troll/. It seems they are in the habit of attacking anyone not spouting the party line. You need to concern yourself with these facts.
    Last edited by Morganlee; 02-15-2006 at 04:58 PM.

  2. #32
    On Edge Piel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bayfield, WI
    Posts
    3,973
    KwanfordWife of course you haven't offended and I for one thank you for speaking up. Also, thank you Joe.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife
    :boohoo:

    You are an idiot AND a troll... but since you won't go away, please at least contribute something substantial to the conversation or shut up. There, now at least you have a direct post to reference when whining about how mean everyone is being to you... GS is for grown ups... grow up or go away...

    So sorry to my fellow posters if this offends, but I've officially had it...
    It would seem YOU are the one name calling. Thanks for making my point. Ps- I always quote.

  4. #34
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    414

    enjoyed

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    Morgan, your point has been made, please move on and quit antagonizing other members.
    I am rather enjoying Morgan's post. After all the nasty posts about Sasha I find them rather refreshing. Did you see what ESPN had to say?

  5. #35
    Shoe Diva
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI - So Glad to be Home!
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganlee
    It would seem YOU are the one name calling. Thanks for making my point. Ps- I always quote.
    Oh absolutely, you are more than welcome...

  6. #36
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    414

    rose covered

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    I completely agree with your post, SusanBeth, and that was the question that I was raising. I am not worried about the athletic ability of future skaters. Each generation of athletes manages to leap higher, run faster, and so on, than the previous one did. Onward and upward, good for them.

    But will they touch our hearts? Or -- if that's too maudlin a sentiment -- will they put anything on the ice that people will be willing to switch on their TV to see, or pay out their hard-earned to watch in person?

    I wish I could borrow the rose-colored glasses of the people who think the sport is moving in the right direction.

    MM
    Greetings, You hit fight in the face. I wear my rose covered glasses to watch competitions because they take the glare off the ice & let me see the edges better. Skating is definately going in the right direction. It will just take the cheographers time to catch up.. If you're looking for the next Kwan look to the 13year olds. That's how old Michelle was when we first saw her in Texas making her senior debut. And we loved her skating right up to the point that she stopped training.

  7. #37
    What would Brian Boitano do?
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife
    You are an idiot AND a troll... but since you won't go away, please at least contribute something substantial to the conversation or shut up. There, now at least you have a direct post to reference when whining about how mean everyone is being to you... GS is for grown ups... grow up or go away...

    So sorry to my fellow posters if this offends, but I've officially had it...
    I have to say that I find this more offensive than anything MorganLee has posted in this thread. I think you'd be fooling yourself if you thought this kind of response would actually get someone to 'shut up' or 'go away.' I also find it disturbing that mods would seem to condone namecalling (that's how I read this thread).

    Why am I feeding this ridiculous conversation?!! We've gotten hopelessly off track here. Maybe we should just kill this thread and start over!

  8. #38
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    87
    I think Mao Asada could be the next one if she survives puberty and doesn't face any major injuries. She can improve in some areas (as all skaters can do) but I think she can do it.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8fanconvert
    I have to say that I find this more offensive than anything MorganLee has posted in this thread. I think you'd be fooling yourself if you thought this kind of response would actually get someone to 'shut up' or 'go away.' I also find it disturbing that mods would seem to condone namecalling (that's how I read this thread).

    !
    Ty- you have to understand that these uber fans have no one to lash out at and are furious because their idol is no longer competitive. That is not our fault. Their anger has to land somewhere. Watching them is like watching someone shadow box. It's kind of politically incorrect, you know you shouldn't slow down to watch the car crash but you do anyway. .
    Last edited by Morganlee; 02-15-2006 at 07:07 PM.

  10. #40
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,178
    *sigh* I will try again. MorganLee, the reason that people think you are a troll is because, judging from your posts (and I have nothing else to judge you by), you have given the impression of being under the spell of an irrational obsession with Michelle Kwan.

    It may not be true that your every waking thought is about Michelle -- how much you can't stand her, how glad you are that she is injured and gone from the scene, teehee Kwanfans -- it may not be true that your every waking thought is about this topic, but your every post on this forum is.

    You profess an interest in Irina Slutskaya, Mao Asada, Yu-Na Kim, Sasha Cohen, Shizuka Arakawa, etc. But you do not post about Irina, Mao, Yu-Na, Sasha, etc., except tangentially in posts about Kwan.

    You claim to care about the Olympics, but you have not contributed to any of the discussions of the pairs and mens programs (actual skating, rather than obsessing about someone who isn't skating) -- or anything else, except Kwan, Kwan, Kwan.

    Yes, this is the Internet, and different standards of courtesy (alas) obtain than in the "real world." Still, you wouldn't walk into a room full of strangers and introduce yourself by spewing one insult after another at someone that many in the group admire, followed by criticizing the company itself. At the very least, that shows weak social skills, IMHO.

    Michelle feels bad. Her fans feel bad. I do not understand what pleasure you derive from sticking out your tongue at us.

    Mathman

  11. #41
    Shoe Diva
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI - So Glad to be Home!
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganlee
    Ty- you have to understand that these uber fans have no one to lash out at and are furious because their idol is no longer competitive. That is not our fault. Their anger has to land somewhere. Watching them is like watching someone shadow box. It's kind of politically incorrect, you know you shouldn't slow down to watch the car crash but you do anyway. .
    What? You think this has anything to do with Kwan? You must be smokin'...

    You have it totally wrong (like THAT's surprising...) You're an idiot who posts things just to piss people off because you're bored. Whatever. That's your right. But its also my right to call you out.

    Yes, Kwan is injured & will miss out on the OGM. And that's terrible for HER, not me or any other fan... not my victory, not my loss. I'm sorry for her, but not angry at strangers because she can't compete... that's childish.

    You, on the other hand, do piss me off because you continue to contribute nothing to the conversation, complain about the board and attempt to rip apart a skater that you don't know for whatever reason... What? Did she turn you down for prom or something? Cause you to lose money in a bet?

    You're an idiot. Plain & simple. In another thread there's this whole thing about "refreshingly honest." I'm just trying to live up to that standard. Now when you're ready to chat about skating or a skater you appreciate or hell even give a rational opinion about Kwan, then have at it... Until the, please shut up and let the smart people talk.

    Sk8fanconvert - Again, I apologize if you find this post offensive. But sometimes a person just has to say SOMETHING... I don't have a problem being the bad girl. As for your thread specific issue, so sorry but this poster is a cancer and you don't let cancer fester... you attempt to cut it out. (and before the PC police swoop in on me, my dad died of cancer so I feel its appropriate for me to make that statement...)

    There is a very popular & well respected poster here on GS who is thinking of leaving... not because Kwan pulled out but because we allow these trolls to run around unchecked for fear of being labeled an uber or a "hall monitor" Forget that... I say call 'em on it...




    Now when you're ready to

  12. #42
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    989
    People, people if this continues we are all going to banned. It's so hard to bite your tongue and not say anything but you a compelled to react to some of the posters. This goes for both sides, almost everyone is guilty of pushing each other to the limit. I've tried to mellow my posts and try to take into consideration the feelings of other posters but at times it's awful hard to contain myself.

    PEACE

  13. #43
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    414

    Grown up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife
    :boohoo:

    You are an idiot AND a troll... but since you won't go away, please at least contribute something substantial to the conversation or shut up. There, now at least you have a direct post to reference when whining about how mean everyone is being to you... GS is for grown ups... grow up or go away...

    So sorry to my fellow posters if this offends, but I've officially had it...
    Kwanford you are offending me. You need to grow up. Calling someone a troll & an idiot is not mature. If you have officially had it, stay off this thread and it's over for you.

  14. #44
    Shoe Diva
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI - So Glad to be Home!
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    People, people if this continues we are all going to banned. It's so hard to bite your tongue and not say anything but you a compelled to react to some of the posters. This goes for both sides, almost everyone is guilty of pushing each other to the limit. I've tried to mellow my posts and try to take into consideration the feelings of other posters but at times it's awful hard to contain myself.

    PEACE
    Oh, stop being so mature... But I promise to learn for your example and let it go...

    OT... (wasn't this thread about the future of skating? Now, I'm confused...)

    I really like Mao & think she will have a bright future in skating. She reminds me a little firefly when she skates... But will she hold up under the bright lights & wear & tear ~ not so sure... As a circa '99 NNN devotee, I have a hard time getting excited about these young skaters...

    Wow, the future of the sport is going to look much different in two years, huh? I like Katy & co. but can't pinpoint who is the next "star"... Espcially with the sport going into a paint by numbers direction with a huge focus on body punishing requirements, you have to wonder if the future icons won't be the best but the last skater standing...

  15. #45
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    902

    One More Thought

    Morganlee is a troll, period. Read his/her posts.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •