Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 79

Thread: Who's next?

  1. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    40
    I did not think this was a skater specific board. To call people trolls because they do not worship at certain skating alters is starting to make me think otherwise. There is no reason to respond to this kind of garbage. I guess there is a need for them to spew, however.

  2. #47
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    414

    warning

    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    You've been warned about bashing individuals, skaters and the Board itself. One more attack on an individual, skaters or the Board and off you go.

    Is there anything about figure skating you can say good things about? or is it the Board that you must bash? And are you an honest person and can answer the question in a truthful way, were you a member of GS in years gone by?

    Joe
    Joe, I think that warning should be going to Kwanford as well. I've never seen such a personal attack as the ones she is posting.

  3. #48
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganlee
    I did not think this was a skater specific board. To call people trolls because they do not worship at certain skating alters is starting to make me think otherwise. There is no reason to respond to this kind of garbage. I guess there is a need for them to spew, however.
    It's not a skater specific fan board, but it's not a skater specific hate board either.

    Honestly, the more COP programs that I see, the more I worry that all that I love about skating is getting phased out. Stephanie was not such a thrill because of her skills, but because she was practically the only one that showed some personality, originality, and flare. Under this system, it was an act of courage.

    It's scary to think that we might have a major talent and not be able to tell. They are all doing the same moves to (usually) the same old music selections.

  4. #49
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,356
    Currently, I set my eye on Mao or Yuna Kim at international stage, but can they make it? At least take 5 years to wait from now on.

  5. #50
    Custom Title Jhar55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Paducah, KY
    Posts
    1,285
    Sorry, but Morganlee you sound like an old poster that was banned from here long time ago because he/she never had anything nice to say about anyone.

  6. #51
    On Edge Piel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bayfield, WI
    Posts
    3,973
    Ladies has always been my favorite since I started following in 1988. Debi Thomas, Kerrigan, and Kwan. I also like Oksana B. in her early pro career. I have always been more of a fan of skaters than skating and get drawn in by something in their personal story. Kwanfordwife I also loved NNN....just adorable. There has always been someone else to take my favs place when they moved on, until know. Alisa Czisney is lovely to watch, has a sweet personality and I like that she attends college full time. From "Ice Diaries" I have come to like Danielle Kahle personality wise and BeBe Liange I enjoy for her talent and personality. None have really grabbed my heart like past favs have so I'm still looking for Piel's new favorite. Not sure if Rene and John will stay eligible, but would love to see them compete some more. NNN and partner have my interest so my fingers are crossed for them. I am thinking Tanith and Ben may just be the next big thing in U.S. figure skating. Tanith IMO has a perfect face, I don't think I have ever seen a more gorgeous looking woman in my life. She also seems to be a great gal too. That ,with Ben's personality and hotness could keep folks tuned for years. They are still very young for ice dancers and have at least one more Olys in them. Being as highly ranked as they are now could mean they may be the skaters most likey to come close to kwan's amazing records. So, NNN and partner, Tanith and Ben, and Czisney, Kahle, or Liange are my picks for stateside.

    BTW what happened to Yebin Mok? I liked her skating a lot.

  7. #52
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    BTW what happened to Yebin Mok? I liked her skating a lot.
    Heard she went to colledge.

  8. #53
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by kyla2
    Morganlee is a troll, period. Read his/her posts.
    Exactly, he/she never posted anything constructive.

  9. #54
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife
    There is a very popular & well respected poster here on GS who is thinking of leaving... not because Kwan pulled out but because we allow these trolls to run around unchecked for fear of being labeled an uber or a "hall monitor" Forget that... I say call 'em on it...
    Please do tell who is him/her?

    btw, Someone better than this MorganLee got banned at FSU recently. The poor at least has his own faverate and once in a while can talk about some skating.....the poor can't even survive to see his/her favorate win the Gold. Soo ironically.

  10. #55
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    988
    Quote Originally Posted by mzheng
    Please do tell who is him/her?

    btw, Someone better than this MorganLee got banned at FSU recently. The poor at least has his own faverate and once in a while can talk about some skating.....the poor can't even survive to see his/her favorate win the Gold. Soo ironically.

    That's the thing about these forums and people getting banned. Some people can run their mouth of all they like and nothing being said about it and others are warned and banned. That's the thing about life, it's not always fair.

  11. #56
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    That's the thing about these forums and people getting banned. Some people can run their mouth of all they like and nothing being said about it and others are warned and banned. That's the thing about life, it's not always fair.
    Millie - Look closely. There are posters who are deliberately provocative. They are not in GS or other forums to contribute information, discussion or a bit of humour; they are wanting to cause disruption. They are not happy in SashaForum or MKForum because everyone is agreeing with each other.

    When a provocative poster hits on the Forum itself, it gives reason to believe that the poster is looking for revenge. These posters provoke normal posters to give retorts which they do not like themselves.

    Now to you point implying that the Mods single out only certain provacateurs, we would like an example, please. You may be right and we can apologize.

    Joe

  12. #57
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    988
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Millie - Look closely. There are posters who are deliberately provocative. They are not in GS or other forums to contribute information, discussion or a bit of humour; they are wanting to cause disruption. They are not happy in SashaForum or MKForum because everyone is agreeing with each other.

    When a provocative poster hits on the Forum itself, it gives reason to believe that the poster is looking for revenge. These posters provoke normal posters to give retorts which they do not like themselves.

    Now to you point implying that the Mods single out only certain provacateurs, we would like an example, please. You may be right and we can apologize.

    Joe

    I agree with what you are saying, no need to apologize.
    I was just pissed with Mzheng because she attacked me because I was asking questions about Micheel. Then she turned and gloated because someone got banned. Before I write a post again, I am going to take three deeps breaths and think before or write. I think that most of the posters on this form are not mean spirited people.

  13. #58
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    That's the thing about these forums and people getting banned. Some people can run their mouth of all they like and nothing being said about it and others are warned and banned. That's the thing about life, it's not always fair.
    You know what? This got what he/she deserved at FSU. Cuz most sensable posters there no matter whose fans they are put this guy on ignore list anyway.

    Millie, if I diddn't sense some of gleeful tones in your posts in that thread, I won't snark on you. Sorry if you were pissed.
    Last edited by mzheng; 02-16-2006 at 12:29 PM.

  14. #59
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by Piel

    BTW what happened to Yebin Mok? I liked her skating a lot.

    She was a beautiful skater, I often wondered what happened to her...

  15. #60
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    153
    YeBin- I thought she had a back injury of some sort and moved on. I loved her jumps as much as any woman's- ever. They were so strong, fluid and everything was done with proper technique. The downside was that she didn't cheat, switch edges or eek out jumps so they were either all or nothing.

    It just made her sakting so clean. I think it was '03 US nationals when she placed top 6 in the short. She did everything so well I really thought the judges might move her up to a top 3 in that portion. She also used a 3 loop in the sp that was actually directly out of moves. I think those should recieve as much credit as the ubiquitous moves-pause-jump flip sequences we see on nearly everyone.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •