Hughes to arrive in Italy on Thursday | Golden Skate

Hughes to arrive in Italy on Thursday

S

SkateFan4Life

All the best of luck, Emily! I hope you enjoy your Olympic experience and that you skate your best. Go for it! :biggrin:

millie

Medalist
Here's the headlines for next week "BABY HUGHES WINS GOLD".
Never say never. Her sister did it and just imagine if she does. The alternate.:chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

Mafke

Medalist
millie said:
Here's the headlines for next week "BABY HUGHES WINS GOLD".
Never say never. Her sister did it and just imagine if she does.

And quits skating the next week to further her education? I hope not. I just hope whoever wins keeps skating publicly and doesn't disappear down the memory hole like the last two ....

Spirit

On the Ice
Nah. All the pressure's on Sasha, because no one's really expecting anything from Emily.

If Sasha skates the skate of her life and rocks the house, and gets silver, she'll still only be known as the silver-medalist-who-can't-break-through-and-win-anything-big. There's so much pressure on Sasha that I think some people would consider silver a disappointment. No such problems for Emily.

soogar

Record Breaker
Spirit said:
Nah. All the pressure's on Sasha, because no one's really expecting anything from Emily.

If Sasha skates the skate of her life and rocks the house, and gets silver, she'll still only be known as the silver-medalist-who-can't-break-through-and-win-anything-big. There's so much pressure on Sasha that I think some people would consider silver a disappointment. No such problems for Emily.

I don't think there is any pressure on Sasha save for the pressure she feels for herself to win gold. There has been very little coverage of her and Kwan pulling out with Baby Hughes replacing her has been the big story. If Sasha has the skate of her life and wins silver, well I have no clue whether she should be disappointed or not, but I imagine the media will have a "wuzrobbed" field day. I think that as long as Sasha has a skate of her life, she could be very happy with a silver medal. At least she would know that she had done her best.

soogar said:
If Sasha has the skate of her life and wins silver, well I have no clue whether she should be disappointed or not, but I imagine the media will have a "wuzrobbed" field day.
That is so true. The U.S. press doesn't appreciate Irina at all (that is, the few reporters who actually cover the sport don't, and all the others will follow along). If Irina skates great and wins the gold medal as expected, and if Sasha skates great, too, the media will be all over themselves talking about how graceful and beautiful Sasha is, and it's a sad day for figure skating -- right up there with the Salt Lake City thing -- that those cheating judges couldn't see Sasha's vast superiority over Irina.

(Irina will cry all the way to the bank, where she will go to put her gold medal in a safe deposite box for safe keeping.)

millie

Medalist
Mathman said:
That is so true. The U.S. press doesn't appreciate Irina at all (that is, the few reporters who actually cover the sport don't, and all the others will follow along). If Irina skates great and wins the gold medal as expected, and if Sasha skates great, too, the media will be all over themselves talking about how graceful and beautiful Sasha is, and it's a sad day for figure skating -- right up there with the Salt Lake City thing -- that those cheating judges couldn't see Sasha's vast superiority over Irina.

(Irina will cry all the way to the bank, where she will go to put her gold medal in a safe deposite box for safe keeping.)

Before she puts her gold medal in a safe deposit box she will to the media with their mikes and say Nyah, Nyah, Nyah.:laugh: :laugh: