Bezik Boo Boos | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Bezik Boo Boos

FreeKatie

On the Ice
Spirit said:
Dick Button is a BABE.

Anything else is incidental.

I love Dick (Button, that is) and seeing the catch-foot positions is going to make me wanna drink regardless, but its much more fun if we make a game out of it.

Linny

Final Flight
I hope not

How about when Sandra commented that she hoped the judges don't give good marks to one of the pairs? I forget which pair, but, gracious, that's almost as bad as hoping that they fall. For goodness sakes, she shouldn't express something like that on air.

Linny

doug_log

On the Ice
Y'all, I really don't know why everyone hates Sandra!

She makes errors? Dick makes more.

She contradicts herself? Dick does that more.

She hopes the judges don't give a team/skater a high score? Well, score inflation/deflation is a big problem! I never sensed that her statements were malicious. Rather, just the opposite coin of wishing that a skater gets the high marks that he/she deserves.

She hates the Russians? Maybe she doesn't gush about them, but she says overwhelmingly positive things about the russians: they have the best skating skills, they're the most solid, and "they will always outskate the chinese" because they deserve to. She really loved Plushenko last night, too.

And she actually explains why things are exquisite, rather than peggy, who just uses the word.

I hate to use a point-by-point rebuttle, but no one has been too specific with his/her critique of Sandra.

And FreeKatie, this drinking game (with the very same rules) has been mentioned in other forums. Please be wary of plagiarism.

Antilles

Medalist
I don't care for Bezic. I think Dick Button is a hoot. I love listening to him. He can gush a little too much about top American skaters, but the same can be said of almost any announcer talking about their compatriots.

I have been watching both Canadian and American coverage. What surprises me is how much each announcing team misses or decides not to mention. I know people complain that commentators talk too much, but I'd rather know all the reasons why someone was marked down/up.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
doug_log said:
And FreeKatie, this drinking game (with the very same rules) has been mentioned in other forums. Please be wary of plagiarism.

Drinking games are held annually at the GS forum around the Worlds, and frankly I am surprised a thread hasn't come up before.

Gee, I didn't realize otehr forum hold copyrights to the "drinking games". :biggrin:

As for Sandra, if you can't see her bias against Russians then you must be playing the drinking game!

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Sandra Bezic = most annoying voice EVER!

Love how Sandra and Dick are snippy with each other. Makes me laugh.

Mafke

Medalist
I used to intensely dislike Bezic because I thought her commentating on competitions where some of the skaters were her clients and others weren't was outrageous conflict of interest. Is she still choreographing?

As far as I can tell in Europe, almost all fans just lurve the Russians. I live in Poland, not exactly known for its Russophile traditions but in skating they are it (every Polish announcer I've heard prefers Slute to Kwan by a large margin, for example).

I thought that Siudek/Zagorska would have been better off with Russian rather than Canadian coaches.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Linny said:
There are so many of them, they deserve their own special thread!

During Pairs SP, she proclaimed that Pet/Tik had the best lifts of any of the pairs... but the telecast showed Zag/Suid right after she'd made that comment. If you're going to tape any pair out there has having the best lifts...

But, ok, Sandra, I'll note that David Peltier said much the same thing, that Pet/Tik have the best lift. Perhaps they both mean "entrance into a lift"?

So, that's my entry in this thread. You'all probably have tons more. Have at it!

Linny

Sandra is the commentator not the camera man, if the wrong team was shown after her comment then blame NBC, not Sandra. I am sure Dick Button has his share of out takes as well. I imagine all sport commentators do.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Spirit said:
Dick Button is a BABE.
Anything else is incidental.

Now that we know both Dick and Sandra are babes, we wanna know - have you already started on the drink game?

for doug, since the drink game for "Hi, Bob!" was around when I was in college, I hardley think there are any plagiarism rules to worry about. Anything that old has LONG been in the public domain!

Linny

Final Flight
Sandra's boo boo, not cameraman's

Sandra made her comment during Pet/Tik's performance. That performance was followed by Zag/Suid. The irony was obvious. When she stated that Pet/Tik had the best lifts in the world, I said "Hey, what about the Polish?" and the order of go just happened to accomodate.

Newest boo boo: Sandra gushes over Plushy's choreography (that's Sandra's area of expertise, right?) at a portion of the short program where Plushy is performing staccato, flingin steps to slow swelling music. Now, we've seen Tosca chorographed a whole mess of times... and this had to be the worst interpretation. It's not good choreography if it doesn't go to the music and if they needed fast beats to go with footwork, they needed to use a different phrase of Tosca.

Perhaps Sandra might stick to pointing out good choreography when it actually is good?

Is that specific enough for you?

Linny

Luigi

Spectator
We should have done the drinking game for pairs and scored whenever Dick mentioned the lady "sticking out her fanny" and sitting into the death spiral postion.

We would have all been three sheets to the wind before the gold medalists even skated!

FreeKatie

On the Ice
doug_log said:

I don't go on other forums, so I am not plagiarizing!!
How do you plagiarize a drinking game anyway....???

FreeKatie

On the Ice
STL_Blues_fan said:
Gee, I didn't realize otehr forum hold copyrights to the "drinking games". :biggrin:

me neither. besides I'm Irish and if anyone's allowed to bring up a drinking game, it should be me. :scratch: right?

Now, we should establish some basic rules...

JOHIO2

Medalist
Tonight's Sandra-ism. Scott trying to compare Shawn Sawyer's spiral to Toller Cranston's. S. cut him off with a "no it's not" "and I was there."

In his twenty yrs as a fs entrenpreneur, hasn't Scott had a chance to form his own opinion on Toller Cranston? Didn't they work together - if for nothing more than a pro cheesfest? Grow up Sandy. Scott is entitiled to his own opinions!

FreeKatie

On the Ice
JOHIO2 said:
Tonight's Sandra-ism. Scott trying to compare Shawn Sawyer's spiral to Toller Cranston's. S. cut him off with a "no it's not" "and I was there."

In his twenty yrs as a fs entrenpreneur, hasn't Scott had a chance to form his own opinion on Toller Cranston? Didn't they work together - if for nothing more than a pro cheesfest? Grow up Sandy. Scott is entitiled to his own opinions!

I noticed that too - meeeooow! She didn't even let Scott finish his thought.

76olympics

On the Ice
Was Sandra dissing Toller or Shawn? Either way, I disagree with her totally. Both had/have great spirals and both were awesome!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
JOHIO2 said:
Thanks for bringing that up. I didn't understand what she said when she said no it's not, I think she was laughing at the time or someone was choking her.

The one thing that annoyed me was directed toward Emmanuel..........saying he didn't train enough or she said his lack of training. :mad: :mad:

Her voice grates on the nerves!!! :mad: :mad:

Dee

Zanzibar

Final Flight
I never thought I could enjoy listening to anyone at an event less than Brennan, but ...last night...painfully discovered I could. Bezic - annoying, cloying.

Kwanford Wife said:
Sandra's biggest boo boo? Opening her mouth... I'm sorry, but I cannot stand that broad. Babe or not. She gives ....-ford Wives a bad name, and not in a good way. :disapp:
Da winnah! At least you are as far as I'm concerned, KW. Too bad there's not a good reason to wire Sandra's jaw shut.

I admit Bezic created some good choreography in her day, especially for SOI. But maybe she even got on their nerves since SOI "let her go."

As for me, I...JUST...DON'T...LIKE...HER!

Babe, schmabe--and just because I'm a girl with a guy doesn't mean I'm immune to the attractions of female babes. But Bezic is the worst of all possible worlds--a Stepford Wife with a mouth on her. And not that kind of mouth either.;)

Oh, my Bezooka of the Day: It was her jumping all over Scott's mention of Toller Cranston in the same breath as Shawn Sawyer's spiral (heck, Shawn's makes Sasha's look lame).
Somebody: No man has a spiral like that.
Scott: Except maybe Toller Crans...
Bezic: NO HE DIDN'T AND I WAS THERE YOU BALD LITTLE DINK! WHY THE HELL DID SOI FIRE ME, OF ALL PEOPLE, THE FINEST CHOREOGRAPHER IT EVER HAD! I SHOULD HAVE THROW TRIPLE AXELED YOU INTO THE CHEAP SEATS WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE, SCOTT! YOU MAKE DON ZHANG LOOK LIKE MICHAEL JORDAN. I COULD STEP ON YOU AND NEVER HAVE TO DO ONE OF THESE THINGS WITH YOU AGAIN, YOU INGRATE! OF COURSE IF IT HADN'T BEEN FOR ALL THOSE RUSSIANS AND CHEATING JUDGES, I COULD HAVE HAD AN OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL AND...YYIC (yadda yadda in caps).

NOTE: Everything after "I was there" in the second line is purely fictional and should not be attributed to anyone, anytime, anywhere. In fact, you shouldn't even have read it, but now that you have, go to your nearest Bomb Shelter. If you don't have time for that, duck and cover.

Rgirl

Last edited: