Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bezik Boo Boos

Shoe Diva
    Sandra's biggest boo boo? Opening her mouth... I'm sorry, but I cannot stand that broad. Babe or not. She gives ....-ford Wives a bad name, and not in a good way.

Anyone want to guess how many times she will say exquisite before the Olys are over?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    Anyone want to guess how many times she will say exquisite before the Olys are over?
    Let's play a drinking game. During the ladies program - every time Sandra says exquisite or Dick expresses his disgust at another catch-food position, we drink.

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    Now if Peggy were on the commentator team, that would be a contest worth following.

DG

Quote Originally Posted by FreeKatie
    Let's play a drinking game. During the ladies program - every time Sandra says exquisite or Dick expresses his disgust at another catch-food position, we drink.
    Dick Button is a BABE.

Anything else is incidental.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit
    Dick Button is a BABE.

I love Dick (Button, that is) and seeing the catch-foot positions is going to make me wanna drink regardless, but its much more fun if we make a game out of it.

Custom Title

I hope not

How about when Sandra commented that she hoped the judges don't give good marks to one of the pairs? I forget which pair, but, gracious, that's almost as bad as hoping that they fall. For goodness sakes, she shouldn't express something like that on air.

Linny

Custom Title
    Y'all, I really don't know why everyone hates Sandra!

She makes errors? Dick makes more.

She contradicts herself? Dick does that more.

She hopes the judges don't give a team/skater a high score? Well, score inflation/deflation is a big problem! I never sensed that her statements were malicious. Rather, just the opposite coin of wishing that a skater gets the high marks that he/she deserves.

She hates the Russians? Maybe she doesn't gush about them, but she says overwhelmingly positive things about the russians: they have the best skating skills, they're the most solid, and "they will always outskate the chinese" because they deserve to. She really loved Plushenko last night, too.

And she actually explains why things are exquisite, rather than peggy, who just uses the word.

I hate to use a point-by-point rebuttle, but no one has been too specific with his/her critique of Sandra.

And FreeKatie, this drinking game (with the very same rules) has been mentioned in other forums. Please be wary of plagiarism.

Rogue Leader
    I don't care for Bezic. I think Dick Button is a hoot. I love listening to him. He can gush a little too much about top American skaters, but the same can be said of almost any announcer talking about their compatriots.

I have been watching both Canadian and American coverage. What surprises me is how much each announcing team misses or decides not to mention. I know people complain that commentators talk too much, but I'd rather know all the reasons why someone was marked down/up.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by doug_log
    And FreeKatie, this drinking game (with the very same rules) has been mentioned in other forums. Please be wary of plagiarism.

Drinking games are held annually at the GS forum around the Worlds, and frankly I am surprised a thread hasn't come up before.

Gee, I didn't realize otehr forum hold copyrights to the "drinking games".

As for Sandra, if you can't see her bias against Russians then you must be playing the drinking game!

TriGirl Rinkside
    Sandra Bezic = most annoying voice EVER!

Love how Sandra and Dick are snippy with each other. Makes me laugh.

I used to intensely dislike Bezic because I thought her commentating on competitions where some of the skaters were her clients and others weren't was outrageous conflict of interest. Is she still choreographing?

As far as I can tell in Europe, almost all fans just lurve the Russians. I live in Poland, not exactly known for its Russophile traditions but in skating they are it (every Polish announcer I've heard prefers Slute to Kwan by a large margin, for example).

I thought that Siudek/Zagorska would have been better off with Russian rather than Canadian coaches.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny
    There are so many of them, they deserve their own special thread!

During Pairs SP, she proclaimed that Pet/Tik had the best lifts of any of the pairs... but the telecast showed Zag/Suid right after she'd made that comment. If you're going to tape any pair out there has having the best lifts...

But, ok, Sandra, I'll note that David Peltier said much the same thing, that Pet/Tik have the best lift. Perhaps they both mean "entrance into a lift"?

So, that's my entry in this thread. You'all probably have tons more. Have at it!

Linny

Sandra is the commentator not the camera man, if the wrong team was shown after her comment then blame NBC, not Sandra. I am sure Dick Button has his share of out takes as well. I imagine all sport commentators do.

Sal-Kowabunga!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit
    Dick Button is a BABE.
    Now that we know both Dick and Sandra are babes, we wanna know - have you already started on the drink game?

for doug, since the drink game for "Hi, Bob!" was around when I was in college, I hardley think there are any plagiarism rules to worry about. Anything that old has LONG been in the public domain!

Custom Title

Sandra's boo boo, not cameraman's

Sandra made her comment during Pet/Tik's performance. That performance was followed by Zag/Suid. The irony was obvious. When she stated that Pet/Tik had the best lifts in the world, I said "Hey, what about the Polish?" and the order of go just happened to accomodate.

Newest boo boo: Sandra gushes over Plushy's choreography (that's Sandra's area of expertise, right?) at a portion of the short program where Plushy is performing staccato, flingin steps to slow swelling music. Now, we've seen Tosca chorographed a whole mess of times... and this had to be the worst interpretation. It's not good choreography if it doesn't go to the music and if they needed fast beats to go with footwork, they needed to use a different phrase of Tosca.

Perhaps Sandra might stick to pointing out good choreography when it actually is good?

Is that specific enough for you?

Linny

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast