Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dick's Diddies

Custom Title

Dick's Diddies

This is a thread to write down anything interesting that comes out of Uncle Dick's mouth over the course of the next week and a half.

So far the most memorable for me has been Dick's comparison of Stephan Lambiel's SP costume to his livingroom curtains (and the possibility of them being distant relatives)

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I thought that Dick admitting he had no idea what a rusty hoot was (on Olympic Ice) was pretty good. However, I expect he does know, but doesn't want to say. I believe it is euphemistic college slang from a more innocent day for a wet fart.

(I have heard rusty used in this sense, and am guessing how it combines with hoot)

I also loved his enthusiasm for a flying forward sitspin, which he said was the best he'd seen since Hayes Jenkins

Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI
    I thought that Dick admitting he had no idea what a rusty hoot was (on Olympic Ice) was pretty good. However, I expect he does know, but doesn't want to say. I believe it is euphemistic college slang from a more innocent day for a wet fart.

(I have heard rusty used in this sense, and am guessing how it combines with hoot)

I also loved his enthusiasm for a flying forward sitspin, which he said was the best he'd seen since Hayes Jenkins
    That was one of Dick's comments that Mr. Doggy loved. While we don't know for sure what he meant, it kept Mr. Doggy interested, which is a blessing to me!!!!

DG

Custom Title
    So far the most memorable for me has been Dick's comparison of Stephan Lambiel's SP costume to his livingroom curtains (and the possibility of them being distant relatives)
    Actually, if Uncle DICK knew that the music was from Cirque du Soleil's Dralion show the costume was very fitting. If anyone has seen a Cirque show they should understand the costume...
    Last edited by Joesitz; 02-15-2006 at 05:43 PM.

Custom Title
    I saw Dralion! I liked his costume, but I kept thinking he must be very uncomfortable in it (it was kinda bulky)

Luv Deep Edges!
    FreeKatie -
    I saw Dralion as well, but to me Stephan looked like half-gypsy, half-tufted couch!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I loved his enthusiasm for Zagorska and Siudek, whom he said they were lovely people. If they lived next door, they would not keep pit bulls in the backyard, and if you invited them for dinner, they wouldn't spill wine on the tablecloth!

Dick must have had some bad neighbors over the years. It doesn't take much to make him happy !

TriGirl Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by equestrianguy
    Actually, if Uncle DICK knew that the music was from Cirque du Soleil's Dralion show the costume was very fitting. If anyone has seen a Cirque show they should understand the costume...
    Funny. I saw Dralion. Had no idea that was what Lambiel's costume was. I agree w/ the looked too bulky. Cirque costuming is generally very fitted ... although, I don't remember all of the specifics of Dralion. That was a few years back.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tharrtell
    Funny. I saw Dralion. Had no idea that was what Lambiel's costume was. I agree w/ the looked too bulky. Cirque costuming is generally very fitted ... although, I don't remember all of the specifics of Dralion. That was a few years back.
    No, the costume didn't remind me of Dralion...the music did. Like someone posted earlier...Cirque costumes are usually really tight fitting. If I remember correctly I think Klimkin skated to a Cirque piece of music severl years ago and the costume was very fitting in fit and to the music.. I agree...Lambiels outfite was too bulky...but I loved the program just that same..

On the Ice
    I'm going to offend some people here, but Uncle Dick was dead on about Plushy's free being only about jumps and flailing arms. It was more of a jump demonstration than a program!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by terriskates
    I'm going to offend some people here, but Uncle Dick was dead on about Plushy's free being only about jumps and flailing arms. It was more of a jump demonstration than a program!

He kind of made a backhanded compliment about Plushy - he said that he was a great bamboozler! I loved that line - but he also compared him to someone...was it Fred Astaire? He keeps your attention and makes you think your seeing something great. Confidence is half the battle and if there is one thing Plushy has, its confidence. He is not the greatest looking guy in the rink, but last night he was more attractive than Joubert. Confidence is sexy and sexy sells!

Custom Title

right on

Quote Originally Posted by terriskates
    Thanks for putting it out there. I totally agree. Jump-arms arms jump arm jump we might as well be back in 6.0. I don't think the judges showed up for thier component score class.

Custom Title
    Yes, the "bamboozling" comparison to Fred Astaire was funny yet honest and true.

I agree about Stephane's shirt being way too bulky and loose-fitting. Usually the outfits he wears suit his body perfectly.

Custom Title
    Confidence is sexy and sexy sells![/QUOTE]

After watching "Olympic Ice" the other day when they showed Katarina Witt's 88 gold medal performance...that statement "sexy sells" is all too true. Since all she did was one triple jump and a bunch of posing..lol I guess the judges were so taken in by the sexy costume that they forgot about her empty program..lol

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by equestrianguy

After watching "Olympic Ice" the other day when they showed Katarina Witt's 88 gold medal performance...that statement "sexy sells" is all too true. Since all she did was one triple jump and a bunch of posing..lol I guess the judges were so taken in by the sexy costume that they forgot about her empty program..lol

That was so funny, especially Katarina's comments about herself "why do I look like I'm about to go to sleep?" and "why am I skating so slow"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast