Kwan Gets New Disney Deal | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kwan Gets New Disney Deal

I am a little puzzled at that, too. I remember there was a little bit of negative publicity a while back when her old contract expired and no new one was announced.

In fact, for a hot minute it looked like Disney was trying to recruit Kimmie Meissner. They sent Kimmie (and IIRC Evan Lysacek) to some kind of red carpet affair for the premier of some movie (the kind of thing that they usually send Michelle to).

MM

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Mathman said:
But I still don't understand why Smart Ones diet foods stopped showing their Kristi ad. The one with the subliminal message -- if you eat this stuff you will be as thin as Kristi, and you will be able to skate like her, too.

MM

It was that low carb craz that killed the woman in red.:biggrin:

S

SkateFan4Life

That's wonderful news! Michelle Kwan and Disney - "Perfect Together".

Michelle has handled her great disappointment of withdrawing from the Olympic figure skating competition with the same classy graciousness she showed in her acceptance of her silver medal in Nagano and her bronze medal in Salt Lake City.

All the best to you, Michelle.

sk8addict

On the Ice
signing

rob43 said:
So is this just re-signing the previous contract? Odd that they'dannounce it during the Oly.
Maybe they agreed on the contract in January & left the signing until now. But we definately heard that Michelle had a new, very lucrative contract with Disney while we were in St. Louis.