Thread: Johnny on the Feb 15 "Olympic Ice" - funny quip!

Custom Title

Johnny on the Feb 15 "Olympic Ice" - funny quip!

How many of you caught the 2nd installment of "Mary Carillo Has Tea with Johnny & His Mom" in last night's Olympic Ice TV show? I fell out of my chair when Mary asked Johnny: "What will you do if you win a medal?" Johnny answered, very nonchalantly: "I'll probably piss."

Obviously, it was cable TV (the USA channel)!

Custom Title
    I didn't see it, but fortunately I have it on tape!

Custom Title
    The interesting thisng about this is that that coffeeshop interview was filmed before the men's SPs were skated. Johnny had no idea when he said it that he would be in 2nd going into the finals! Gee, that adds a whole new dimension to tonight's event & Johnny's time at 'kiss n'cry' if he indeed earns a top-three spot!

Shoe Diva

Finally a reason to appreciate the tape delay....

Custom Title
    The OI show is fabulous. Sure some if it is silly (like the Moskvina moment and the Olympic Ice mystery woman) but it's the best coverage we've ever had.

And I hope to see alot more of Jamie and David as commentators. I love them- especially David who says exactly what he thinks--- and in an increasingly think and charming accent!

Johnny's hilarious. I'd love to hear what he thinks of Rudy's ridiculous remarks.

On the Ice

Custom Title
    My husband and I LOOOOOVE Olympic Ice! I don't really care for the Italian Ice bit-I don't get it, but I think the Moskvina Moment is a hoot! She was so funny on Valentines Day. Jamie and David are great as commentators, especially David, who calls it in a way that even my husband can understand and appreciate.

Custom Title
    Well, here's one positive to Johnny having failed to make the podium!!! We were spared an embarrassment in Kiss n' Cry!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by waxel
    Johnny's hilarious. I'd love to hear what he thinks of Rudy's ridiculous remarks.
    Someone actually asked him about the remarks at Johnny's post-Oly-free-skate press conference. Here is the link (scroll all the way down):

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olymp...-program_x.htm

IIRC, the L.A. Times reported that the reporter who asked that question was from the "Chicago Tribune", but did not mention a name.