Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Thread: Men's LP...play-by-play coverage/comments

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    I'm so glad someone else is not into the hype. Plush has super jumps and wild arm movements. Not much else, and choreograhy doesn't exist. JMO

Joe
    *laughing* but the others have much else: falling on the ice and stumbling.
    Is getting up the ice a new part of choreography or belongs it to transitions?
    Plushenko did not need this "much else" *g*
    If somebody don´t want to see the strength of a skater he will never see it.

I love Evan Lysacek, I loved his LP, I loved last year's LP, I love watching him skate, I'm so happy he did so well in the LP and I would've loved to have seen him stay in 3rd. And that shot of him leaning onto his mom stole my heart forever.

But... it it ok for me to say I wish he'd stop telling everyone how courageous he is? Maybe if he just told the story, someone else would have a chance to say it.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    I'm so glad someone else is not into the hype. Plush has super jumps and wild arm movements. Not much else, and choreograhy doesn't exist. JMO

Joe
    I felt the same way, and I think Dick said something to the same effect. I was awe-struck four years ago watching Alexei, but this time the gold medalist did not make me feel wow'ed at all. That said, though, I thought his performance was good enough to win it (with others struggling) even if that was not the program I enjoyed the most.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Engwaciriel
    A new theory about Takahashi, maybe it was a coup from Oda...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanLysacekFan
    Yeah, he did... but his scores were still terribly inflated. He's a great technical skater but his programs aren't exciting.
    Somebody who calls himself EvanLysacekFan complaining about another skater being overscored. The absolute nerve!!!! :chorus: :chorus:

Banned
    I read an article on a Japanese site that is very upset about Takahashi's scores. I am going to try and find it again, it was interesting.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19