Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek obviously a much better spinners than Stephane Lambiel, judges say so!

Banned

Evan Lysacek obviously a much better spinners than Stephane Lambiel, judges say so!

Apparently Evan Lysacek is a better spinner than Stephane Lambiel. Evan scored 13.72 in his free program for his spins, and Stephane only 12.76. What a total farce, and it just shows what I am constantly saying about how embarassingly overmarked Evan is. An average spinner in the World outscoring the best male spinner. It must be crushing to him that even with such embarassing overscoring he still is not good enough to get ont the podium.

Banned
    Jeff Buttle had 12.94 for his spins, apparently Evan`s slow, ugly spins that travel are better than Jeff`s fast, creative, beautifuly positioned spins too! :chorus: This type of scoring is what turns fans off the sport.

Banned
    Evan Lysacek 13.72
    Evgeny Plushenko 13.21
    Jeff Buttle 12.94
    Stephane Lambiel 12.76

I guess Lysacek and Plushenko are better spinners than Buttle and Lambiel according to the judges.

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    Apparently Evan Lysacek is a better spinner than Stephane Lambiel. Evan scored 13.72 in his free program for his spins, and Stephane only 12.76. What a total farce, and it just shows what I am constantly saying about how embarassingly overmarked Evan is. An average spinner in the World outscoring the best male spinner. It must be crushing to him that even with such embarassing overscoring he still is not good enough to get ont the podium.

You did that just for me didn't you??? You knew I was having a bad day and said just for KW... too funny.... when are you going to admit that you're Jenny Kirk?

(off topic ~ where's irina? haven't heard about her & wondering... any info? please start a thread & let us nosy types know... thank you!)

Custom Title
    I think Plushy is great to watch, but I am pretty sure that with a little practice I could do a better sit spin.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife

You did that just for me didn't you??? You knew I was having a bad day and said just for KW... too funny.... when are you going to admit that you're Jenny Kirk?

(off topic ~ where's irina? haven't heard about her & wondering... any info? please start a thread & let us nosy types know... thank you!)
    I guess slow, ugly spins that travel all over the place should score more points than tight, fast spins with great positions. That is what the judges are saying and you seem to agree, so perhaps you should be a skating judge.

Banned
    It is disgusting the judges are getting away with this. They are giving average or below average spins higher scores than the best spinners in order to give points to their favorites. Yet the scoring is so obscure nobody is aware they are doing this.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    It is disgusting the judges are getting away with this. They are giving average or below average spins higher scores than the best spinners in order to give points to their favorites. Yet the scoring is so obscure nobody is aware they are doing this.
    ITA but if you read it out loud it sounds like a james bond conspiracy theory.

Shoe Diva
    I guess slow, ugly spins that travel all over the place should score more points than tight, fast spins with great positions. That is what the judges are saying and you seem to agree, so perhaps you should be a skating judge.

I should be a skating judge... that would be fun... I could cause a ton of drama without any accountability... a good gig if you can get it!!!

my co-worker is a bit angry with me because everytime you post, I laugh louder & more hysterically... too funny!

where's your girl?

Banned
    Since we now all can see judges dont score spins correctly, in fact they score them embarassingly and with no merit, to come to results of events we should have a new personal system. Either add the following number of points to the skaters scores:

Buttle-10
    Lambiel-10
    Takahashi-7
    Weir-5
    Sandhu-5
    Oda-3
    Joubert-2
    Plushenko-0
    Lysacek-0

or deduct the following number of points from the skaters scores:

Lysacek-10
    Plushenko-10
    Joubert-8
    Oda-7
    Sandhu-5
    Weir-5
    Takahashi-3
    Lambiel-0
    Buttle-0

Then come up with the new totals. Fortunately this year the judges embarassing and horrendous scoring of spins has not affected results. Plushenko would have won every event even with the 10 point adjustment of scores on spins, Lambiel still beat everybody but Plushenko all year even losing 10 points on spins relative to his competitors to what he should get, and Buttle has not lost a place at any event by losing up to 10 points relative to his competitors for what he deserves on spins.

Hopefully next year they will fix spin scoring so skaters with better spins will truly be rewarded, and people will wise up to what they are doing, so there is no danger of results being affected by their embarassing spin scoring, where the average to below average spinners get the highest scores, and the very best spinners the least.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by enlight78
    ITA but if you read it out loud it sounds like a james bond conspiracy theory.
    Yeah you are right, I love James Bond though, and I love Pierce Brosnan although he doesnt do it anymore!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife

I should be a skating judge... that would be fun... I could cause a ton of drama without any accountability... a good gig if you can get it!!!

my co-worker is a bit angry with me because everytime you post, I laugh louder & more hysterically... too funny!

where's your girl?
    I am a boy by the way so I cant be Jenny Kirk. I am glad I am entertaining while trying to be serious though.

Rogue Leader
    I've seen the coverage on French CBC. They didn't show Lysacek, but I can say that Buttle's and Lambiel's spins were not up to their usual par, particularly Lambiel. Lambiel's last spin was decent, but all of the others were slower than nromal, and he did a bit of travelling. Buttle was also much slower than he can be. It is possible than Lysacek had better spins tonight. I'd suggest waiting for the coverage before crying foul.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilles
    I've seen the coverage on French CBC. They didn't show Lysacek, but I can say that Buttle's and Lambiel's spins were not up to their usual par, particularly Lambiel. Lambiel's last spin was decent, but all of the others were slower than nromal, and he did a bit of travelling. Buttle was also much slower than he can be. It is possible than Lysacek had better spins tonight. I'd suggest waiting for the coverage before crying foul.
    I watched the event and your suggestion Lysack had better spins than Buttle and Lambiel is completely false. Secondly Lysacek and Plushenko always outscore Buttle and Lambiel on spins, at every single event, so this is not an isolated case.
    Everytime I point out the bad spin scoring nobody has the gall to even try and suggest these mediocre-below mediocre spinners are better spinners, but put down it to "but on this day it was different", well I guess every day must be different, which is what the judges want people to believe, they succeed.

Shoe Diva
    I am a boy by the way so I cant be Jenny Kirk. I am glad I am entertaining while trying to be serious though.
    My bad... so sorry... were you Jenny Kirk's boyfriend before Evan?

And you are always entertaining... Anywho... I'm trying to decipher your spin criteria, but remain confused... Are the points accurate or an example of how the spins aren't being judged properly? Or a personal bias? I ask because Irina's spins rack up points because of the catch foot position, giving her the option of pimping the system... But Evan's spins don't contain the "wow" factor, so why are his higher than say Lambiel? I'm not a fan of Lambiel, but his spins ARE a beautiful thing... What piece of the scoring am I missing or is it truly up to the descrition of the callers / judges?

I'm going to figure out this system if its the last thing I do...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast