Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Cohen avoiding the press

Down With It

Cohen avoiding the press

Apparently she is avoiding the media now. I don't know if all the Michelle questions were the last straw, or whether she just wants to focus, or both. But, I say good. your opinion may vary.

Cohen and Meissner were at the same rink, but Cohen left as soon as the reporters came, and Kimmie stayed behind to talk to them.

two articles:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...oly&id=2332895

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/o...orts-headlines

Ballroom Baby
    At this point she probably just wants to focus on her skating. One can hardly blame her. Who wants to be training in the middle of a media circus?

Custom Title
    Good for Sasha. Stay away form the media and don't get youself in trouble with words. That serves them right for the way they have been treating her. She should have told them to take their microphone and shove it.

Medalist
    Why did the press travel to the private rink? Didn't she go there to get privacy from them? She will have to return to the Palavela this weekend, where they will have plenty opportunity to report on her.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by brinababy87
    Why did the press travel to the private rink? Didn't she go there to get privacy from them? She will have to return to the Palavela this weekend, where they will have plenty opportunity to report on her.
    According to the first article, there was supposed to be some kind of "media day" for both of them, which in the end only involved Meissner.

Are these media days arranged by the skaters, the USFS, or the IOC? Nice to hear Kimmie handling herself so well.

I think both Kimmie and Sasha are handling their Olympic experiences perfectly. This is Sasha's Olympics to compete. Last time around, she went to the opening ceremonies, chatted with the president, and had a great time. This time around she's here to be on the podium. If not talking to reporters helps her in that pursuit, then so be it. As for Kimmie, she can worry about the gold in 2010, and worry about having fun and shopping with Katie Couric now. So far, she has seemed like a class act, and has been working hard, while still have fun. Kudos to both of these ladies, who have both handled themselves beautifully in a time when I'm sure it was hard to.

Custom Title
    Well I don't know what Sasha was thinking. How are we suppose to find out how Michelle is doing. ;o)

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by flying camel
    Well I don't know what Sasha was thinking. How are we suppose to find out how Michelle is doing. ;o)

That deserves more than a mere

Custom Title

Custom Title

????

Might be a mistake to snub the media. They tend to be kind to the friendly gracious skaters. If Sasha wins they will be all over her however if she doesnt they will rip her apart. Its like dont bite the hand that feeds you. This might come back to bite her.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by cianni
    Might be a mistake to snub the media. They tend to be kind to the friendly gracious skaters. If Sasha wins they will be all over her however if she doesnt they will rip her apart. Its like dont bite the hand that feeds you. This might come back to bite her.
    I was also thinking along these lines. However, I get the impression she doesn't really care as long as she does her best and wins the OGM.

Rinkside
    A Toronto paper reported that Joannie Rochette will not be doing anymore interviews either at least until after the competition...seems like a common strategy.

On the Ice
    i think this is incredibly smart of her. she knows she's favored for a medal and is def. on par with slutskaya to win the gold. she's focusing on herself and her skating which will be beneficial to her IMO.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast