Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Cohen avoiding the press

Down With It
    Why would someone want to hide rooting for a skater?

The Russians WILL sweep- mark my words. I wanted a good competition, and it doesn't look like I'll get one. No wonder the ratings are going down.
    Last edited by R.D.; 02-17-2006 at 09:19 PM.

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    The Russians WILL sweep- mark my words. I wanted a good competition, and it doesn't look like I'll get one. No wonder the ratings are going down.
    I agree RD. Mind you, I have nothing against the Russians. It's just no fun watching a competition where you already know who's going to win.
    Add to that ... Michelle's withdrawal ... well, suffice to say I am not a happy camper at all this week.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Piel

Sasha says that she loves being in the spotlight so I find it hard to believe that this would make her nervous.
    Piel,
    Sasha is not in the spotlight and never has been. The USFSA only promotes one skater and its been that way for years. If they expect the international judges to take her seriously they need to show their support. I can see why Tara has bad feeling about her experience with the USFSA. They play favorites and I blame them for her problems with the press--she is on her own there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy
    Piel,
    Sasha is not in the spotlight and never has been. The USFSA only promotes one skater and its been that way for years. If they expect the international judges to take her seriously they need to show their support. I can see why Tara has bad feeling about her experience with the USFSA. They play favorites and I blame them for her problems with the press--she is on her own there.
    What problem with the press???

She and her coach don't want the attention/distraction at the moment. That's part of the reason she's using a remote training site the USFSA rented for her and the other girls.

And not only has USFSA done a lot for Sasha, she doesn't need their push since she's already a world medalist, GP FInal champion and now a Nat'l champion. Do they really need to tell someone she's a good skater when she already has results?

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    I hope the skate gods answers your prayers and there is a Russian sweep. That will teach the Americans a good lesson for going against their own, meaning Sasha. You should be proud of what you have not what you had. She is your only hope for a gold medal. Why not support her?
    millie, you make some assumptions here. Firstly, that most Americans only want American skaters to win. I can say for me at least, that this is not the case. So consequently, if someone from another country wins the gold, it won't bother me that I didn't support Sasha ... since she is not one of my favorites. Frankly, with Michelle out, I am rooting for Shizuka, who I just adore.

Millie where in this ....

Originally Posted by Red Dog
    Why would someone want to hide rooting for a skater?

Do you get this....?
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    I hope the skate gods answers your prayers and there is a Russian sweep. That will teach the Americans a good lesson for going against their own, meaning Sasha. You should be proud of what you have not what you had. She is your only hope for a gold medal. Why not support her?
    RD didn't say that he wanted a Russian sweep just that he expects it to happen.

Piel,
    Peggy here was her chance and what did she do? So what are you complaining about?

Say what you want about her skating Kwan was a great ambassador for USFS and they knew and appreciated that. Just how did USFS fail to promote Cohen? She got her share of GP assignments. What did they not do? Once SC won the national title they replaced kwans pic on their banner with Cohen as they should have. One more time...all Sasha had to do was beat Kwan at nationals and she would have been on the banner sooner. Why do you begrudge Kwan so much, did she pee in your cheerios?

Sasha has said more than once that she loves being in the spotlight. She has recieved her fair share of press.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    OK, here's the deal in a nutshell.
    and they'll say the method of training wasn't good enough, etc.
    Sandra Bezic will say that too, since she knows everything.

Dee

Custom Title
    I thinki it is a good strategy for Sasha. She does get distracted and when she hyped, she doesn't do as well.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6