Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Gracious Michelle?

Custom Title

Peggy

Michelle Kwan is the epitome of class and decency. Disney came out with the anouncement in support of her at a difficult time in her life. I thank them for that. She didn't stay in Torino so as not to take away the limelight from the skaters who are competing-a very classy gesture on her part and she is to be commended. Don't try to make it less than it is. I wish to GOD some of the posters on this site had half of her decency.

Down With It
    I do think MK shows class and dignity many times. However, to constantly "ooh" and "aah" about what a "class act" she is, her grace, dignity, etc. like so many reporters and fans do IMO is patronizing her. She is human- I'd bet my life she has her **** days as well where she does "ungraceful" things, etc. No one is perfect.

JUST MY OPINION.
    Last edited by R.D.; 02-16-2006 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    So predictable, the responses in this thread.
    You do appreciate the irony of your response, right?
    Last edited by Mathman; 02-16-2006 at 10:29 PM.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    You do appreciate the irony of your response, right?
    which is exactly WHY I said it. I was just waiting for someone to comment on that. You just took the bait.

It's served it's purpose, so I removed it from my post.
    Last edited by R.D.; 02-16-2006 at 10:34 PM.

RD what would give as appropriate responses to this thread?

Down With It
    I didn't say the responses weren't appropriate. I just said they were predictable. What else could I expect...a bunch of people from Golden Skate jumping in and saying she's not really that gracious? . ROFL!

Oh you sly Dog. That's what I get for being so bored with the men's competition (on right now on NBC) that I'm fooling around reading GS right now.

MM

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    mzhenz, this is one of the times I can't bite my tongue and not respond. This is the type of post that gets peoples goat. Did you have to make that statement? This is the type of post that bait people. Sometimes I think that you want controversy about Michelle. It is as if you are sticking to the fans of other skaters because she got this contract. As a fan of figure skating to Michelle for her contract and good luck to her but with your response.

I should figure that Michelle's own fans would be happy for her and be the same kind of "class act" she is by not baiting other fans and other skaters. Truly sad. Maybe nothing else to do now that MK is out of the Olys? Let's go after Sasha, then! Or Emily!

would Kwan do that? NO, if she is the class act everyone says she is! (At least she wouldn't do it in front of a camera.)

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Oh you sly Dog. That's what I get for being so bored with the men's competition (on right now on NBC) that I'm fooling around reading GS right now.

MM
    I never watch men's skating, but I watched a few of the programs just because it's the Olympics. Lysacek was pretty good, I thought- he pulled it together after disappointment- but everyone else so far has been less than exciting for me. So even though it's the Olympics, I switched it off. *yawn*

RD maybe I worded my question wrong. Let me try again. Why does it seem to annoy you when Kwan is praised? Of course she has her bad days and I can guarantee you that more than once she has let out a SMF when falling or during a bikini wax. But she does handle herself well while in the public eye and that's what corporations look for when choosing their representatives. Heck it's Disney, some people would say that being a spokesperson for the mouse isn't that great of a gig. Nancy Kerrigan wasn't too impressed with it, LOL. When I think of Disney I think of Annette Funicello prior to her illness which to me always =gag. I do appreciate her courage dealing with MS though.

I should figure that Michelle's own fans would be happy for her and be the same kind of "class act" she is by not baiting other fans and other skaters. Truly sad. Maybe nothing else to do now that MK is out of the Olys? Let's go after Sasha, then! Or Emily!

would Kwan do that? NO, if she is the class act everyone says she is! (At least she wouldn't do it in front of a camera.)
    Now RD who actually started the baiting here? Not a Kwan fan. Do you expect Kwans fans to not respond? No one is going after SC or HII they are responding to Peggy. If Kwan fans wanted to do that someone could have started a thread in response to Sasha not doing the media day. Does that make her less classy than Kimmie? IIRC a lot of the uproar from her fans over the Couric interview was that she wanted to discuss herself. So when given the opportunity she walks. The non Sashas might say she was not willing to share the spotlight with Kimmie while her fans might argue back that she was being gracious and magnanamous and allowing Kimmie to have the spotlight to herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    When I think of Disney I think of Annette Funicello prior to her illness which to me always =gag.
    You obviously weren't a 12 year old boy in 1956!

M-I-C-K-E-Y

Annette

Custom Title

Who is baiting who? Who start it? Who continue baiting? Giveme a break.

No one brought up Sasha and Emily here, you are the first one. Who is baiting?
    Last edited by mzheng; 02-16-2006 at 11:35 PM.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    RD maybe I worded my question wrong. Let me try again. Why does it seem to annoy you when Kwan is praised?
    because certain fans seem to like to think she has no flaws, can do no wrong, and- my pet peeve- anyone who doesn't agree with them is full of it, selfish, etc. Does that answer the question?

Now RD who actually started the baiting here? Not a Kwan fan. Do you expect Kwans fans to not respond? No one is going after SC or HII they are responding to Peggy. If Kwan fans wanted to do that someone could have started a thread in response to Sasha not doing the media day. Does that make her less classy than Kimmie? IIRC a lot of the uproar from her fans over the Couric interview was that she wanted to discuss herself. So when given the opportunity she walks. The non Sashas might say she was not willing to share the spotlight with Kimmie while her fans might argue back that she was being gracious and magnanamous and allowing Kimmie to have the spotlight to herself.
    Actually, many of the very same fans who were saying MK was a class act, etc. were the first ones to jump on Cohen after that Katie Couric "interview".

Fine then. Fair enough. However, I didn't see anything in the original post that was TRULY hateful. It was a simple question. JMO

It was a simple question. JMO
    RD, the "simple question" was, and I quote, "What happened to gracious Michelle?"

Well, OK, I guess you're right. I can only give that about a 2.5 on the old snark-meter.

But anyway, on topic, I do not understand what Peggy thinks is "ungracious" about accepting a contract to promote Disney enterprises.

MM

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast