Johnny missed the BUS! Oh, brother! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Johnny missed the BUS! Oh, brother!

Vash01

Medalist
kareliz said:
In the first interview, right off the ice, Johnny said that he knew he didn't deserve a medal, and that he "didn't really do anything out there." He mentioned the missed bus, but I felt his tone indicated that it was just a report of what happened, and not an excuse at all. He seemed to me to be taking responsibility for how he skated.

Isn't it intersting how fickle the media and public are? Evan is the big hero because he came back and skated a strong long program. He did, and it was just terrific. But how quickly everyone forgets Johnny's wonderful job in the short. Why is Johnny missing the bus so much worse than Evan's SP meltdown?

On Olympic Ice Scott and Jamie said Evan's experience in the short was a learning experience he would never forget. Isn't Johnny's long the same thing? He made a mistake, he lost his nerve and didn't attack. Yet Scott was so hard on him.

I love his skating and look forward to many more wonderful skates from him.

ITA. Johnny's missing the bus may have been blown out of proportion by the media. He may not have used it as an excuse at all. It was his first Olympic experience and he got nervous and did not do the things he had planned for his LP. That's how I saw it. He has plenty of time to learn from his mistakes and realize his potential.

Vash