Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yay! Shawn Sawyer!

Custom Title

Thumbs up Yay! Shawn Sawyer!

Woohoo!! Congrats Shawn, you did a great job and did Canada proud.

Vancouver awaits you!

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    I totally agree. I may not be Canadian, but that guy did the continent proud. I look forward to seeing more of him in the years to come.

Go Shawn! Go to Worlds and kick butt!

Custom Title
    He was marvelous! The future looks bright....

Good job, kiddo!

I can't wait to see the next 4 years of Sawyer, Mabee, and Chan. Hold onto your hats, Canada. We're going to be in the mix in Van, for sure. I'll go out on a limb and say Patrick Chan will have one heck of a quad in Van because the air time he gets on his jumps is remarkable. And Chris has almost got the quad now (it's fully rotated).

Is there any chance the Eman will bow out of Worlds so Chris can go? Chris's LP from 4CC would have landed him a very good placememnt there yesterday. Better than Eman, I'll bet.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Shawn was the thrill of the night for me in an otherwise boring competition.

Dee

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama
    Is there any chance the Eman will bow out of Worlds so Chris can go? Chris's LP from 4CC would have landed him a very good placememnt there yesterday. Better than Eman, I'll bet.
    Nope. He said last night on CBC that he was going back to get ready for worlds after the Olys.

Custom Title

Custom Title
    He had a beautiful performance and his flexibility on spins and spirals is unmatched. Big future ahead of him.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Saundy
    Nope. He said last night on CBC that he was going back to get ready for worlds after the Olys.
    There's no point in Emanuel skating any longer if he doesn't make some major changes in his approach.

Custom Title
    Congratulations to Shawn Sawyer. He handled his first Olympics just beautifully! You gotta love it when an athlete comes out and just goes for it. He did himself proud, and us along with him.

I really enjoyed watching Shawn skate!
    I think he and Sasha Cohen should get together and do pairs. All that flexibility.

Custom Title
    I think they should do a show: The Spiral Wars.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    I am thrilled for Shawn and look forward to seeing him develop his amazing talents. He remindes me so much of Toller Crantson in his younger days. In fact, Toller discovered Shawn and featured him on one of his skating specials. Shawns line is very "Toller like." Congratulations Shawn for a job well done!!!!

Custom Title
    I know Sandhu said that, but I am not sure that it will happen. After what occurred at the Olympics, I don't think he will have the emotional strength to go through with worlds. I think that he will bow out. I hope that I am wrong.

If I were Chris Mabee, I would be training hard with the expectation of going to worlds.

Back on topic, I thought Shawn Sawyer did all right for himself. His performance didn't seem quite as strong as his skate at Canadians, but as a debut performance at the Olympics is was good. He should be proud of placing 12th in his first Olympic Games.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast