Yay! Shawn Sawyer! | Golden Skate

Yay! Shawn Sawyer!

IndieBoi

On the Ice
Woohoo!! Congrats Shawn, you did a great job and did Canada proud. :rock: :rock: :rock:

Vancouver awaits you! :clap:

childfreegirl

Final Flight
I totally agree. I may not be Canadian, but that guy did the continent proud. I look forward to seeing more of him in the years to come.

Go Shawn! Go to Worlds and kick butt! :rock:

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Good job, kiddo!

I can't wait to see the next 4 years of Sawyer, Mabee, and Chan. Hold onto your hats, Canada. We're going to be in the mix in Van, for sure. I'll go out on a limb and say Patrick Chan will have one heck of a quad in Van because the air time he gets on his jumps is remarkable. And Chris has almost got the quad now (it's fully rotated).

Is there any chance the Eman will bow out of Worlds so Chris can go? Chris's LP from 4CC would have landed him a very good placememnt there yesterday. Better than Eman, I'll bet.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shawn was the thrill of the night for me in an otherwise boring competition.

Dee

Saundy

On the Ice
Sk8n Mama said:
Is there any chance the Eman will bow out of Worlds so Chris can go? Chris's LP from 4CC would have landed him a very good placememnt there yesterday. Better than Eman, I'll bet.

Nope. He said last night on CBC that he was going back to get ready for worlds after the Olys.

Jasper

Final Flight
He had a beautiful performance and his flexibility on spins and spirals is unmatched. Big future ahead of him.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Saundy said:
Nope. He said last night on CBC that he was going back to get ready for worlds after the Olys.

There's no point in Emanuel skating any longer if he doesn't make some major changes in his approach.

lotusland

On the Ice
Congratulations to Shawn Sawyer. He handled his first Olympics just beautifully! You gotta love it when an athlete comes out and just goes for it. He did himself proud, and us along with him. :rock:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I really enjoyed watching Shawn skate!
I think he and Sasha Cohen should get together and do pairs. All that flexibility.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I am thrilled for Shawn and look forward to seeing him develop his amazing talents. He remindes me so much of Toller Crantson in his younger days. In fact, Toller discovered Shawn and featured him on one of his skating specials. Shawns line is very "Toller like." Congratulations Shawn for a job well done!!!!

:clap:

geoskate

On the Ice

I know Sandhu said that, but I am not sure that it will happen. After what occurred at the Olympics, I don't think he will have the emotional strength to go through with worlds. I think that he will bow out. I hope that I am wrong.

If I were Chris Mabee, I would be training hard with the expectation of going to worlds.

Back on topic, I thought Shawn Sawyer did all right for himself. His performance didn't seem quite as strong as his skate at Canadians, but as a debut performance at the Olympics is was good. He should be proud of placing 12th in his first Olympic Games.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I think he should be proud of both programs in his first Olympics, especially coming in as the #3 skater from Canada.

dutchherder

Final Flight
I agree. I thought Sawyer did a great job. There are lots of good young guys coming up, people! Now *that's* something to get excited about!:clap:

gio

Medalist
I really enjoyed his performance. Beautiful spins! And all these great entrances to almost all of his jumps. Instead of doing quads with falls, it would be better to see more of this cool entrances to the jumps. He looks on quality and not on quantity. And this is good because he is not boring.