Thread: Inquiry about champions from the past...

Rinkside

Inquiry about champions from the past...

Hi, I'm a new poster :-) and I was wondering if any of you here know if there are any video-clips of Denise Bielmann available to watch online? I want to show her famous pirouttes to my son (who recently got into watching figure skating with me, yay!! ).

And, another question, do any of you rember Russian skater Wladimir Kovalev? I was a big fan of him as a teenager in the late 70s/early 80s but I can't find anything about him on the internet. :(

Thanks in advance!

Custom Title
    This is a good site for videos. Please read the rules before posting a request!

http://fsvids.9.forumer.com/

Was Kovalev the Russian skater who was thrown off the Russian team for excessive drinking? If so, then I remember him. He was a great skater & won 2 World Championships, I believe. I seem to recall seeing him as a coach for a Russian lady back in the 90's.

Rinkside
    Thank you, SusanBeth! Unfortunately it seems they don't accept new membership applications on that site.

Yes, merrywidow, I'm sure that's him (lol). I remember some reporter mentioned rumours about Kovalev having a drinking problem back then. I didn't know he was thrown off the Russian team!

Custom Title
    That's probably just for the Olympics. I am sorry.
    Here is another good video source- http://board.usfigureskating.org/def...ion=10&fid=107

I don't think that their registration is closed. I tried to upload some Beilmann for you, but my cd drive is senile. It keeps forgetting the disk is there. :(
    Last edited by SusanBeth; 02-17-2006 at 04:06 PM.

moonbeam: I'm sending you a PM.