Inquiry about champions from the past... | Golden Skate

Inquiry about champions from the past...

moonbeam

Spectator
Hi, I'm a new poster :) and I was wondering if any of you here know if there are any video-clips of Denise Bielmann available to watch online? I want to show her famous pirouttes to my son (who recently got into watching figure skating with me, yay!! :clap: ).

And, another question, do any of you rember Russian skater Wladimir Kovalev? I was a big fan of him as a teenager in the late 70s/early 80s but I can't find anything about him on the internet. :(

Thanks in advance!

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Was Kovalev the Russian skater who was thrown off the Russian team for excessive drinking? If so, then I remember him. He was a great skater & won 2 World Championships, I believe. I seem to recall seeing him as a coach for a Russian lady back in the 90's.

moonbeam

Spectator
Thank you, SusanBeth! Unfortunately it seems they don't accept new membership applications on that site. :eek:hwell:

Yes, merrywidow, I'm sure that's him (lol). I remember some reporter mentioned rumours about Kovalev having a drinking problem back then. I didn't know he was thrown off the Russian team!