Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Emily Hughes arrives with Irina's Outfit!

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    343

    Emily Hughes arrives with Irina's Outfit!

    Emily was on the Today show this morning (in Torino) and she said she is hand-delivering Irina's skating costume (they have the same designer and the designer didn't know how she was going to get the costume to Irina). Well, I hope it fits!!

  2. #2
    Always Believed! Sk8n Mama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    520
    Guess it's good Emily got to go then!

  3. #3
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama
    Guess it's good Emily got to go then!
    You mean, if Michelle hadn't been reinjured we would have had the all time wardrobe malfunction?

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    You mean, if Michelle hadn't been reinjured we would have had the all time wardrobe malfunction?

    Is that her new secret weapon for working the system and racking up points?

  5. #5
    Custom Woman
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeKatie
    Emily was on the Today show this morning (in Torino) and she said she is hand-delivering Irina's skating costume (they have the same designer and the designer didn't know how she was going to get the costume to Irina). Well, I hope it fits!!
    YEAH! Now we get to see the real Emily. Halfway through Irina's LP, all the seams on her costume unexpectedly and mysteriously split, until Irina is skating in nothing but a bunch of rags barely hanging onto her body.

    Oh, wait. That was Irina's costume about four or five years ago.

    Or "somebody" could sprinkle the inside of Irina's costume with arsenic so when she started skating in it, the costume would gradually kill her, which is how the French tried to kill Queen Elizibeth I, without the figure skating, natch (I think it was Liz I). Liz lived though, because one of Elizabeth's ladies in waiting couldn't wait to try the dress on and fashionista'd herself to death.

    If Irina starts tearing her costume off while screaming, scratching at her skin and grabbing her head in the middle of her LP, then we'll know that sweet bubbly little Emily definitely learned the back-alley ways of winning from big sis' Sarah. Either that or Irina is still using the same choreographer.

    J/K. Irina has always been one of my top faves and Emily is cute as a bug.

    Rgirl
    Last edited by Rgirl; 02-18-2006 at 01:13 AM.

  6. #6
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,538
    OMG. I DON'T need the mental image. Please!

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    788

    Delivery

    Ever hear of FedX?
    Linny

  8. #8
    Sal-Kowabunga!
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    971
    but linny, hand- delivery by fed-ex doesn't have the same cachet.

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Mo
    Is that her new secret weapon for working the system and racking up points?
    That and grinding the ice while pulling own hair...

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    769
    I hope Irina tips well!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rgirl
    Or "somebody" could sprinkle the inside of Irina's costume with arsenic so when she started skating in it, the costume would gradually kill her, which is how the French tried to kill Queen Elizibeth I, without the figure skating, natch (I think it was Liz I). Liz lived though, because one of Elizabeth's ladies in waiting couldn't wait to try the dress on and fashionista'd herself to death.

    Rgirl
    I am a bigger history buff than a skating fan so I can't shut up. The movie Elizabeth was so false, they shouldn't have tried to pretend that it had any relationship to Elizabeth I. The dress incident didn't happen. The lady-in-waiting was supposed to be Lettice Knollys. She wed Robert Dudley and outlived the hell out of everybody, Elizabeth was majorly p o'd. Also, Walshingham did not murder Marie de Guise. She was already dead at that point. William Cecil, Lord Burghley was absolutely irreplaceable in Elizabeth's eyes till the day he died. She valued him above all other statesmen for good reason.

    Elizabeth was a great movie, but as history, it was trash.

    I am sorry for going off topic. I had too. I was weak!

    Also, No one murdered the Spanish Ambassador. Even Elizabeth would not have DARED! Those scriptwriters were nuts! I'll shut up now.
    Last edited by SusanBeth; 02-18-2006 at 02:52 PM.

  11. #11
    Mr. Michelle Kwan Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    426
    The Hughes family. When it absolutely, positively has to be there before you skate.

  12. #12
    Custom Title IDLERACER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,379
    [CENTER]Not physically possible. Irina is 5'1 and Emily is 5'5.[/CENTER]

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    148
    Where was the dress Emily delivered? Did Irina get a new one or did she habe the current one worked on? I'm confused...

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by IDLERACER
    [CENTER]Not physically possible. Irina is 5'1 and Emily is 5'5.[/CENTER]
    Irina can't be 5'1. She is visibly taller than Sasha who I think is 5'0 or 5'1. I have read on NBC's athlete bio site that Irina is 5'3 which seems more likely.

    I think perhaps Irina's Exhibition dress is the new one Emily kindly brought over.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •