Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Did we figure out the Takahashi TES yet?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    There might have been some backlash for what happened at Japanese Nationals. That is not fair, what happened at Japanese Nationals was wrong but it is not his fault. He deserved to be judged fairly at the Olympics but was not.
    Why would international judges care what happened at Japanese Nationals?

I jut think it was a case of holding up Jeff.

I jut think it was a case of holding up Jeff.
    I really doubt they're going to mess with the technical components to hold up one skater. Without knowing about the uncounted lutz and the double knock for the quad, Scott Hamilton said before the marks came up, "there's Jeff Buttle nervously awaiting Takahashi's marks. He shouldn't be worried but you just never know." Obviously Scott didn't think the judges were just holding Buttle up. Takahashi put in a quad that he doesn't fully rotate-he took that chance. If the lutz had been counted, he still would have only finished behind Joubert-he wouldn't have even come close to Buttle. Maybe it's Buttle, Joubert, Lysacek, Lambiel all being held up over Daisuke. Maybe it's a whole conspiracy to kill the Japanese skating federation. Yes, I'm being sarcastic. Give me a break. I think Takahashi was marked a little on the low side, I don't think he wuz robbed.

Rinkside
    Actually, if the lutz had been counted, he would've been in 5th or so in the free skate?
    Last edited by cell; 02-20-2006 at 12:17 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama
    I really doubt they're going to mess with the technical components to hold up one skater. Without knowing about the uncounted lutz and the double knock for the quad, Scott Hamilton said before the marks came up, "there's Jeff Buttle nervously awaiting Takahashi's marks. He shouldn't be worried but you just never know." Obviously Scott didn't think the judges were just holding Buttle up. Takahashi put in a quad that he doesn't fully rotate-he took that chance. If the lutz had been counted, he still would have only finished behind Joubert-he wouldn't have even come close to Buttle. Maybe it's Buttle, Joubert, Lysacek, Lambiel all being held up over Daisuke. Maybe it's a whole conspiracy to kill the Japanese skating federation. Yes, I'm being sarcastic. Give me a break. I think Takahashi was marked a little on the low side, I don't think he wuz robbed.
    I agree, his attempted quad was clearly under-rotated (the blade stopped him short and he fell right as it hit the ice; he couldn't even cheat the landing) and the rest of the reasoning behind his low technical scores makes sense. It's just a complicated system and it's hard to be aware enough to change your jumps mid-performance. Buttle had way higher PCS than Takahashi, anyway, and I think he deserved them on that night. Daisuke stumbled noticeably during his footwork and was rather sloppy overall.

The triple lutz is worth 6 points. I'm not going to speculate as to whether that one would have deserved a positive GOE. It was okay, not spectacular. if you assume that he would have received 6 pts for it, his LP score would have been 137.12 (instead of 131.12). Matt Savoie's LP was 137.52. Daisuke would have finished 6th in the LP. Overall Daisuke would have had 210.89 which would have placed him behind Brian Joubert's 212.89.

So, to reason it was to hold up Buttle doesn't make sense. Even counting the 3 lutz his final score would have been 210.89 to Buttle's 227.59. Almost 17 points difference! That's not even remotely close.

Rinkside
    I don't think they held Buttle up, however I don't like how much more severely penalized Daisuke was for underrotating the quad compared to Jeff (who did fully rotate it). This isn't so much about Jeff, but about the system.

As for the lutz, he would have probably gotten 6 points for it. They did give him a GOE, but they just didn't credit the jump.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2