Look for gold for Cohen and Belbin/Agosto! | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Look for gold for Cohen and Belbin/Agosto!

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
julietvalcouer said:
Even my friend who DESPISES Sasha Cohen admitted her spiral sequence blew Irina's "1001 Bielmanns" away.

I agree Sasha's spirals were much better than Irina. Unfortunately spirals are only 1 of 8 elements that make up the TES score, and the TES score makes up only slightly more than half of the scores.

R.D.

Record Breaker
well, it says my LOCATION is on the (American) east coast. But you couldn't have known that I was BORN here...I could have been from Saudi Arabia or something and then moved here. :biggrin:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Red Dog said:
well, it says my LOCATION is on the (American) east coast. But you couldn't have known that I was BORN here...I could have been from Saudi Arabia or something and then moved here. :biggrin:

True, but my definition is you are from that country if you have been living there over a year. :laugh:

millie

Medalist
slutskayafan21 said:
True, but my definition is you are from that country if you have been living there over a year. :laugh:

Get over it guys!! We are not at war!! This is the Olympics, isn't there supposed to be peace between countries during the Olympics.:chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I, for one, am glad that FINALLY the ISU is allowing the N. Americans to buy off judges... now the Europeans can't monopolise the buying of judges :rofl:

this is so out there it's just... :laugh:

mzheng

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
I, for one, am glad that FINALLY the ISU is allowing the N. Americans to buy off judges... now the Europeans can't monopolise the buying of judges :rofl:

this is so out there it's just... :laugh:
Well, IMO. Buying off judges is such a 'dumb' and 'expansive' thing to do, only 'rich' N. Americans could do and affordable.

The more effective/efficiency way to do is 'buy off' ISU tech committy to modify the rules to suit your skater's skill set -- like some federation did. And what a good chance to do it in an Olympic year with the new CoP system just in place, a lot of excuses to make "needed adjustments".

Actually, I own stock in NBC (a tiny fraction of a share), so I'm glad to see that they are putting my money to good use.

MM :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Actually, I own stock in NBC (a tiny fraction of a share), so I'm glad to see that they are putting my money to good use.

LOL!!!!! :clap: :rofl:

mzheng said:
The more effective/efficiency way to do is 'buy off' ISU tech committy to modify the rules to suit your skater's skill set -- like some federation did. And what a good chance to do it in an Olympic year with the new CoP system just in place, a lot of excuses to make "needed adjustments".

I thought the system in place was a combination of something the Austrailians and the Canadians came up with??? or am I not understanding your point?

Last edited:

new_europe2006

Rinkside
slutskayafan21 said:
You are so anti-Russian and pro-American it is laughable, you should call yourself American-rear-kisser. Carly perfect form on uneven bars, Irina all flawed skating and Sasha no flaws, ROTFL!!!

It's ok for me to be pro-American since it's better than being anti-American.

As for Irina vs Sasha. Irina huge powerful jumps that did have flow coming out of 2 of the 3(her combo didnt). Sasha tiny jumps, flutz instead of lutz for her combo, no flow out of any of them, and wobbly double axel. Spins of the two similar. Footwork Irina superior. Spirals Sasha better. Musical interpretation similar, basic skating skills and ease of movement Irina by a mile, choreography and transitions similar. Yes Irina's performance was much better than Sasha's except for Sasha being American.

Musical interpretation, choreography, and transitions similar? I don't think so. Sasha was miles ahead of Irina in that department along with having better flow out of her jumps. There was absolutely no choreography in Irina's SP.

new_europe2006

Rinkside
Mathman said:

I'm glad they stopped the Russian sweep from happening.

new_europe2006

Rinkside
slutskayafan21 said:
Carly no form breaks on uneven bars and hit her positions at 12 o clock position, ROTFL! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. You wouldnt recognize great form if it hit you in the head obviously, you probably think Kim Zmeskal had great form on uneven bars too, another gymnast who won her all around title(91 Worlds)only because she was an American. So what if you used to be a gymnast, Blaine Wilson is a much better gymnast then you I am sure and he still wouldnt know what good form is if it hit him listening to his brief lame attempts at commentary and the scores he deems the U.S gymnast to deserve. :rofl:

Obviously you need to take off your anti-American glasses since Carly was far superior to Khorkina.

You can keep lying to yourself that there was a scandal in the women's all-around but that doesn't make it the truth.

Regardless your precious Carly will go down in history as a one-hit wonder, Chorkina one of the greatest gymnast of all time. 20 years from now nobody outside the U.S will even know who Carly Patterson is, they will think it is some kind of necklace or new tissue jewelery perhaps. Chorkina will go down as one of the greatest gymansts in history with a long career of enormous success 1-hit wonder Carly could only dream of having. Carly is the equivalent of Sarah Hughes, Chorkina Michelle Kwan. So I hope you enjoyed your precious Carly's bought gold medal since nobody will ever hear or talk of her again, even in the U.S she is already forgotten compared to another overhyped U.S gymnast Mary Lou, who retired over 20 years ago. Carly=blip on the radar screen, whose biggest accomplishment was a gold in an Olympics tainted by gymnasts judging scanadals, Chorkina=legend of the sport people will talk about many years from now and reminisce over.

Since when do you speak for the rest of the world?

It's a horrible insult to Michelle to be compared to Khorkina since Khorkina has a bad attitude and was very awkward and klutzy in her gymnastics.

But you'd need to take off your anti-American glasses to be able to see that.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
I thought the system in place was a combination of something the Austrailians and the Canadians came up with??? or am I not understanding your point?
Yes. But the CoP was modified a lot this seasons, hardly original ones. Couple of examples: Bielmann position was now EXPLICITLY specified as a difficult position, which was not in original one; the pairs could not reapet the same triple or 2A in sbs jump and combo; etc.

A good read would be a thread here talking about the pairs by Doris and another poster. Though I could not find the thread now.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
After the competition concluding I am very glad to see that I knew exactly what I was talking about when installing this thread. Belbin/Agosto won silver with two obvious stumbles in their free dance, the judges were definitely waiting to give them gold, but their errors, and the Russians superior performance allowed them no choice. Cohen winning silver with that lame performance also shows the judges were clearly waiting to give her the gold, but Arakawa was too far superior, again they had no choice. Thank goodness new_europe2006 and Christine Brennan were not on the panel, Cohen would have been lifted to the gold with +3 GOE on all her elements combined with 9.5-9.7 on all her PCS components. :laugh: