Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sweden Puts Out The U.s In Womens Hockey!!!!

Banned

Sweden Puts Out The U.s In Womens Hockey!!!!

Wow, what an upset. Canada and the U.S are so far ahead of the other countries, including the next two best, Sweden and Finland, they are considered a complete shoo-in to be in every final together. I almost wonder if the gods are making the Americans pay for their dealmaking in figure skating, well deserved. YIPEEEE!!! Great for womens hockey. Great for the Americans to have something like this happen to do them after their cheating dealmaking that is starting to show in the figure skating.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    Wow, what an upset. Canada and the U.S are so far ahead of the other countries, including the next two best, Sweden and Finland, they are considered a complete shoo-in to be in every final together. I almost wonder if the gods are making the Americans pay for their dealmaking in figure skating, well deserved. YIPEEEE!!! Great for womens hockey. Great for the Americans to have something like this happen to do them after their cheating dealmaking that is starting to show in the figure skating.

Reading your post and try to comprehend it. Can you explain what you mean in this post. For the life of me I don't understand. Please explain a bit further.

Custom Title
    Wow, that's huge news! Was it a case of under-estimating the opponent?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    Reading your post and try to comprehend it. Can you explain what you mean in this post. For the life of me I don't understand. Please explain a bit further.
    I am referring to the ridiculous scoring of Lysacek in the mens singles last night, and the ridiculously low scoring the Finnish snowboarder who was the biggest threat to the U.S men in the mens half pipe received(which the crowd booed for, which is rare in snowboarding, and the commentators on both Canadian and U.S TV disagreed with strongly). It is obvious NBC and U.S officials are up to alot of their old games, the same ones they used to gain gymnastic golds that were controversial, especialy the mens in Athens.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IndieBoi
    Wow, that's huge news! Was it a case of under-estimating the opponent?
    The U.S outplayed Sweden overall, but the Swedish goalie stole the game.

Custom Title
    That's why I hate shootouts. I think they should continue playing overtime like the deuce system in tennis. Not sure it'd always be practical though.

Banned
    That's why I hate shootouts. I think they should continue playing overtime like the deuce system in tennis. Not sure it'd always be practical though.
    That is what they did in the final of the Womens Worlds last year when the U.S and Canada went to overtime twice, and the quality deteriorated by the second overtime, both teams were getting so tired. It was not a pretty sight, regardless who you were cheering for. That is why I like the shootout. It went to a shootout there too, but only after 2 20 minute overtimes, too much.

Custom Title
    That is what they did in the final of the Womens Worlds last year when the U.S and Canada went to overtime twice, and the quality deteriorated by the second overtime, both teams were getting so tired. It was not a pretty sight, regardless who you were cheering for. That is why I like the shootout. It went to a shootout there too, but only after 2 20 minute overtimes, too much.
    I can see your point. Anyhow, I hope the best team overall brings home the gold this year.

Banned
    I can see your point. Anyhow, I hope the best team overall brings home the gold this year.
    I cant see anybody beating Canada to be honest. Kim Martin is an amazing goalie, but we match them there with either St. Pierre or Goyette, and while Sweden has some very good players they dont match our depth when you get to the 3rd and 4th lines especialy, and they dont match us in speed, although they do in physical play. I really think the final results will be:

1)Canada
    2)Sweden
    3)Finland
    4)U.S

Custom Title
    Was really looking forward to the maple leaf - red white and blue drama... Was living in Philadelphia during Salt Lake so I rooted for both teams. That final match was definitely one for the ages.

Custom Title
    Wow, this has Really been a slow day at work, lol... I need to be more productive!

Custom Title
    The U.S outplayed Sweden overall, but the Swedish goalie stole the game.
    Hey, they weren't that outplayed. Ok, I only watched the third period, my nerves couldn't stand anymore, but I found it quite even..not taht I'm an expect on Hockey though...

But we do love Kim Martin And since she wasn't the goalie in the last game against Canada, but most certainly will play in the final, I don't think it'll be any 8-2 again...

Tripping on the Podium
    We are quite dazed here in Sweden over our unexpected win - but that's what makes the Games so exciting, wouldn't you say! Kim Martin was amazing and the shootout was a nailbiter! We are very happy over our silver medal - because it can't very well be gold, now can it?!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Engwaciriel
    Hey, they weren't that outplayed. Ok, I only watched the third period, my nerves couldn't stand anymore, but I found it quite even..not taht I'm an expect on Hockey though...

But we do love Kim Martin And since she wasn't the goalie in the last game against Canada, but most certainly will play in the final, I don't think it'll be any 8-2 again...
    I hope Sweden gives Canada a good final. I think they can. I dont want a blowout.

Sweden played more even with the U.S in the 3rd period and overtime, which is the part you say you saw so I see how you disagree with me, since you are right in that part of the game. In the 1st and 2nd thought he U.S controled play much more than Sweden.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion
    We are quite dazed here in Sweden over our unexpected win - but that's what makes the Games so exciting, wouldn't you say! Kim Martin was amazing and the shootout was a nailbiter! We are very happy over our silver medal - because it can't very well be gold, now can it?!
    I am glad you are happy, I wish Sweden luck in the final, and congratulate them on making the final and winning atleast silver no matter how the final goes. I hope Sweden does well in curling this year as well, they usualy underperform at the Olympics. 1 bronze in 4 Olympic events, since its introduction as an official medal sport, is too little for a country so great in curling.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast