Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: Sweden Puts Out The U.s In Womens Hockey!!!!

  1. #16
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion
    We are quite dazed here in Sweden over our unexpected win - but that's what makes the Games so exciting, wouldn't you say! Kim Martin was amazing and the shootout was a nailbiter! We are very happy over our silver medal - because it can't very well be gold, now can it?!

    From Canada to Sweden, I am glad that our teams are in the finals. When I am watching the game I will be thinking about you in Sweden. I know that it will be a good game.

  2. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,177
    Yeah I am a Canadian too and I will be thinking of the Swedes on this board too during the final. Hope both countries put on a great show and that it is a close game.

  3. #18
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    I am glad you are happy, I wish Sweden luck in the final, and congratulate them on making the final and winning atleast silver no matter how the final goes. I hope Sweden does well in curling this year as well, they usualy underperform at the Olympics. 1 bronze in 4 Olympic events, since its introduction as an official medal sport, is too little for a country so great in curling.
    Thanks, Slutskayafan! Oh, and curling, my favorite sport in the Olympics (after figureskating natch)! I'm SO hoping for Sweden to win the men's event especially, I just like that team so much (isn't our skipper dreamy?!), and they are, after all, World Champions twice!! But, you are sadly right, they do underperform at the Olympics for some strange reason and today it's just been disaster for them (two losses), so it looks like they will even miss the play-offs. What a bummer!

    I don't know if you're Canadian, but I've noticed Canada's got an entirely new team this year!

    Pssst, this is a secret but I agree with you on Evan (prefer Johnny & Matt when it comes to Americans) and the Zhangs!

  4. #19
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    From Canada to Sweden, I am glad that our teams are in the finals. When I am watching the game I will be thinking about you in Sweden. I know that it will be a good game.
    Canada and Sweden rock!!! We're very similar countries after all. Thanks, it's mutual and I'm sure we'll see a good fight! Yeah for our teams!

  5. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion
    Thanks, Slutskayafan! Oh, and curling, my favorite sport in the Olympics (after figureskating natch)! I'm SO hoping for Sweden to win the men's event especially, I just like that team so much (isn't our skipper dreamy?!), and they are, after all, World Champions twice!! But, you are sadly right, they do underperform at the Olympics for some strange reason and today it's just been disaster for them (two losses), so it looks like they will even miss the play-offs. What a bummer!

    I don't know if you're Canadian, but I've noticed Canada's got an entirely new team this year!

    Pssst, this is a secret but I agree with you on Evan (prefer Johnny & Matt when it comes to Americans) and the Zhangs!
    Yeah it is dissapointing Peya Lindholm lost twice today. For some reason he cant quite find his best at the Olympics, and others also play their best against him, but he is a great skip and a great team. They seem like a great group of guys and you like to see them do well. The good news is Anette Nordberg is in good shape right now. Yes we have a very young mens team who is relatively new, they were juniors only a few years ago.

    It is good to know somebody else doesnt think Evan is the god that most Americans seem to think he is, and that Zhang/Zhang are overscored at times.

  6. #21
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion
    Canada and Sweden rock!!! We're very similar countries after all. Thanks, it's mutual and I'm sure we'll see a good fight! Yeah for our teams!

    The Men's Canadian Curling team is from my home province, Newfoundland, Canada. Yes, they are a new team. First time ever that we have anykind of team representing our province. There are some team members from out of province on the team also. Just imagine if the Curling teams are in the final also.

  7. #22
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    It is good to know somebody else doesnt think Evan is the god that most Americans seem to think he is, and that Zhang/Zhang are overscored at times.
    Trying not to offend anybody whose favorite he may be, I honestly have to say Evan L. doesn't do a thing for me, he leaves me totally cold for some reason (lack of charisma?), and I do feel that he is overmarked - in contrast to Matt Savoie who is definitely undermarked. My favorite American though is Johnny W. - I adore him! The Canadians were wonderful - Buttle and Sawyer (I really didn't expect anything from Sandhu as usual). Congrats on your bronze! Our Swedish commentator was in raptures over Buttle's artistry - as am I!

    PS. Where did your skipper from the last Olympics go - I really liked him and that team!

  8. #23
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    The Men's Canadian Curling team is from my home province, Newfoundland, Canada. Yes, they are a new team. First time ever that we have anykind of team representing our province. There are some team members from out of province on the team also. Just imagine if the Curling teams are in the final also.
    Our Swedish commentator said that it was quite an upset in Canada when this new, young team won the competition to go to the Olympics! Newfoundland, isn't that way up east? Let's hope and pray for our teams meeting in the final, that would be SO great!!

  9. #24
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion
    Our Swedish commentator said that it was quite an upset in Canada when this new, young team won the competition to go to the Olympics! Newfoundland, isn't that way up east? Let's hope and pray for our teams meeting in the final, that would be SO great!!

    Newfoundland is a small island of the east coast of Canada. We are proud that they are there representing us even if they don't win a medal. It's a great honor for them to be there representing Newfoundland and Canada.:chorus: :chorus: :chorus: Medals are great but it's the sportsmanship that's important.

  10. #25
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    67
    Yay! Personally women's hockey isn't that exciting nor interesting but I don't like any hockey so...

  11. #26
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion
    Trying not to offend anybody whose favorite he may be, I honestly have to say Evan L. doesn't do a thing for me, he leaves me totally cold for some reason (lack of charisma?), and I do feel that he is overmarked - in contrast to Matt Savoie who is definitely undermarked. My favorite American though is Johnny W. - I adore him! The Canadians were wonderful - Buttle and Sawyer (I really didn't expect anything from Sandhu as usual). Congrats on your bronze! Our Swedish commentator was in raptures over Buttle's artistry - as am I!

    PS. Where did your skipper from the last Olympics go - I really liked him and that team!
    Evan's SP was a disappointment, for sure. He battled back with a magnificent LP, good for him. I thought it was one of the most exciting men's free skates I've ever seen. When he's "'on", he has the whole package - looks, charm, charisma and technique. Buttle is fantastic at enchanting the crowd - I loved his LP - he'll have a great pro career when the time comes, if he's so inclined.

  12. #27
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer6
    Huh? Where's your proof of this alleged "dealmaking"?
    Yes, there's never been any dealmaking in any sport ever...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •