Sweden Puts Out The U.s In Womens Hockey!!!! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sweden Puts Out The U.s In Womens Hockey!!!!

millie

Medalist
Orion said:
:rock: Canada and Sweden rock!!! We're very similar countries after all. Thanks, it's mutual and I'm sure we'll see a good fight! Yeah for our teams! :clap:

The Men's Canadian Curling team is from my home province, Newfoundland, Canada. Yes, they are a new team. First time ever that we have anykind of team representing our province. There are some team members from out of province on the team also. Just imagine if the Curling teams are in the final also.:thumbsup:

Orion

Rinkside
slutskayafan21 said:
It is good to know somebody else doesnt think Evan is the god that most Americans seem to think he is, and that Zhang/Zhang are overscored at times.
:agree:

Trying not to offend anybody whose favorite he may be, I honestly have to say Evan L. doesn't do a thing for me, he leaves me totally cold for some reason (lack of charisma?), and I do feel that he is overmarked - in contrast to Matt Savoie who is definitely undermarked. My favorite American though is Johnny W. - I adore him! The Canadians were wonderful - Buttle and Sawyer (I really didn't expect anything from Sandhu as usual). Congrats on your bronze! Our Swedish commentator was in raptures over Buttle's artistry - as am I! :thumbsup:

PS. Where did your skipper from the last Olympics go - I really liked him and that team!

Orion

Rinkside
millie said:
The Men's Canadian Curling team is from my home province, Newfoundland, Canada. Yes, they are a new team. First time ever that we have anykind of team representing our province. There are some team members from out of province on the team also. Just imagine if the Curling teams are in the final also.:thumbsup:

Our Swedish commentator said that it was quite an upset in Canada when this new, young team won the competition to go to the Olympics! Newfoundland, isn't that way up east? Let's hope and pray for our teams meeting in the final, that would be SO great!! :yes:

millie

Medalist
Orion said:
Our Swedish commentator said that it was quite an upset in Canada when this new, young team won the competition to go to the Olympics! Newfoundland, isn't that way up east? Let's hope and pray for our teams meeting in the final, that would be SO great!! :yes:

Newfoundland is a small island of the east coast of Canada. We are proud that they are there representing us even if they don't win a medal. It's a great honor for them to be there representing Newfoundland and Canada.:chorus: :chorus: :chorus: Medals are great but it's the sportsmanship that's important.

nghtvsn

Rinkside
Yay! Personally women's hockey isn't that exciting nor interesting but I don't like any hockey so...

soccer6

Rinkside
Orion said:
Trying not to offend anybody whose favorite he may be, I honestly have to say Evan L. doesn't do a thing for me, he leaves me totally cold for some reason (lack of charisma?), and I do feel that he is overmarked - in contrast to Matt Savoie who is definitely undermarked. My favorite American though is Johnny W. - I adore him! The Canadians were wonderful - Buttle and Sawyer (I really didn't expect anything from Sandhu as usual). Congrats on your bronze! Our Swedish commentator was in raptures over Buttle's artistry - as am I! :thumbsup:

PS. Where did your skipper from the last Olympics go - I really liked him and that team!
Evan's SP was a disappointment, for sure. He battled back with a magnificent LP, good for him. I thought it was one of the most exciting men's free skates I've ever seen. When he's "'on", he has the whole package - looks, charm, charisma and technique. Buttle is fantastic at enchanting the crowd - I loved his LP - he'll have a great pro career when the time comes, if he's so inclined.