Most ridiculously overscored program so far in Turino? | Golden Skate

Most ridiculously overscored program so far in Turino?

Most overscored program so far in Turino?

• Obertas/Slavnov's long program in pairs

Votes: 10 3.6%
  • Zhang/Zhang's long program in pairs

Votes: 80 28.7%
  • Lysacek's long program in mens

Votes: 25 9.0%
  • Joubert's short program in mens

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Plushenko's short program in mens

Votes: 120 43.0%
  • Other, feel free to identify

Votes: 35 12.5%

• Total voters

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I am sure we all know who have been getting the most inflated scores so far. I thought it would be fun to have a poll which of those performances has been the most overscored of all so far though. Choices down below.....

Orion

Rinkside
I would say it's a virtual tie between Zhang/Zhang, Lysacek, and now, Fusar-Poli/Margaglio.............unbelievable really, the judging that is, not the skates unfortuately...........:frown2: My vote went to Lysacek though!

tripleflutz

On the Ice
Barbara still great, but he still sucks

I think $peedy has rigged the dance competition to favor the GAG team, F&M. I think he put in the Comp Dance most favorable to them and has browbeaten the judges so that they will give high marks to their style. He was furious a few years back when he thought should have won Worlds but had begun to sink in the placings. She's great, but he is weaker than all the other Men in the top Dance Teams

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
I'd say Plushenko's long program was more overmarked than the short, so I chose 'other.' It just lacked any choreography or interpretation, imo.

rain

Record Breaker
I had to go with Obertas and Slavnov's long in the pairs event. While I thought Plushenko was indeed overmarked, I felt he was more egregiously overmarked in the long than the short, but at least he ended up in the right place in the standings. Obertas and Slavnov got a huge gift for a sloppy, ugly, mistake-filled program. I don't think they did a single element clean in their long and they still ended in the top 10 ahead of other much more deserving teams. It was appalling.
Zhang/Zhang were also overmarked - bravery points that put them in silver, which they did not deserve. I didn't think Lysecek was overmarked at all. I'll now have to add dancers F-P and M to the list.

Shanti

On the Ice
OK, I'll try to be objective ;)
1. FP/M CD
2. Zhan/Zhang LP (as much as I admire her courage)
3. Buttle's (as much as I loved it :) )
4. Plushenko's LP

And I really don't think Lysacek's LP was overscored at all ...

Evdokia

On the Ice
Uhhh, there were so many! But nothing can top this one:
F/P-M 1st place in the Compulsory Dance!!! What were the judges thinking? :scratch: (Or were they afraid of Bab's Killer look, like she demonstrated it after the OD towards Margaglio :p)

After that honourable mentions to Zhangs, Obertas/Slavnov, Buttle and Lysacek.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
It is good to see some of you see that atleast a few of those programs were overmarked as well. They are trying to set Obertas/Slavnov up to be the next great Russian pair, but they will have a hard time doing so unless they really improve. Zhang/Zhang did get pity marks. However I agree on the new one you are referring to, the Italians compulsory dance, it was a hugely fishy result, although they would have dropped quickly after the OD even without their fall IMO.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
dancindiva03 said:
I changed my mind. Sasha Cohen's SP was way overmarked.

Yeah I agree. Also it was pointed out on CBC that only 3 of 12 judges even took off for her flutz on the lutz, something she always does.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Plushy's long program & Fusar Poli/Margaglio's CD

Last edited: