Most ridiculously overscored program so far in Turino? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Most ridiculously overscored program so far in Turino?

Most overscored program so far in Turino?

• Obertas/Slavnov's long program in pairs

Votes: 10 3.6%
  • Zhang/Zhang's long program in pairs

Votes: 80 28.7%
  • Lysacek's long program in mens

Votes: 25 9.0%
  • Joubert's short program in mens

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Plushenko's short program in mens

Votes: 120 43.0%
  • Other, feel free to identify

Votes: 35 12.5%

• Total voters

mzheng

Record Breaker
I diddn't vote, since it only allow one. But I have two.
Plushen and Z/Z, they both got their personal best, yet they diddn't skate to their personal best. Not to mention in Olympics, the scores were suppose more strict than normal GPs or Worlds.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I voted for Zhang & Zhang, but it was a tie between them and Plushenko´s short programme. The latter definetely deserved to win the short programme, but the difference towards other skaters was too big. LOL, maybe that is why Slutskaya was not given a huge lead, and actually she was only the second in short programme with three top ladies being very close indeed.

Personally I don´t see any reason for Lysacek´s freeskate to be on the list. I would say that definetely he deserved the scores he got.

Big Deal

Final Flight
Definitely Fusar-Poli/Margaglio.

Did you see, how the judges "changed their mind" about them in between the Compulsory and the freedance after their fall in the Original???

They got significantly lower marks in every section in the Technical Scores at the freedance (without very visible mistakes) than in the Compulsory.

It would be interesting to see, how much higher marks they should earn to the same Freedance without a fall in the Original, and-maybe - beeing in the winning position after the Original ( as Speedy ordered.....??)!

Jane2

Rinkside
I voted for Zhang/Zhang.
I thought it was great how they came back after that fall, but come on.....

atomikai

Spectator
The Zhangs. I couldn't believe they still landed Silver after falling. It was great but Silver? :scratch:

Vash01

Medalist
The Zhangs were given a silver just for finishing the program. It was ridiculous that no penalty was assessed for their time off. Their PCS were ridiculously high for a pair that has almost no basic skating skills.

Vash

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
The Zhangs actually had their highest PCS scores of the year, in the long program in Turin. It was an embarassment when it was clearly their worst performance of the year. I admire their courage(unless there was something mysterious going on, but I dont want to get into that), but that should not equate to an unwarranted medal. I felt sorry for the other two Chinese pairs, especialy Pang/Tong, who are binded from letting their true feelings probably be known, since it is an internal thing, all being from China.

I also did not understand Plushenko's 90 in the short program, an 85-87 would have been more reasonable.

Gatzbee

Rinkside
i remember on Olympic Ice how Sale and Pelletier were analyzing the men's short, and Sale esp was saying how she's just not convinced of Plushenko's skating or something to that effect. Scott Hamilton was like, well he knows how to work the system and gives the judges what they want. to me i was just scratching my head. plushenko, esp. in the LP, just did stroking from 1 jump to another in the beginning. the program was entirely frontloaded. there was just a lot of posing, without REAL in betweens. his spins weren't terribly great.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I voted other, because as much as I admired Plushenko's LP performance, six jumps in a row is just not good choreography, and it was not his strongest PCS performance of the year. It was a tough call between that and O/S's LP.

I didn't vote for Zhang/Zhang, because I think they should not have been allowed to continue. The referee should have started the two-minute count from the beginning, instead of waiting several minutes to start the countdown. At the end of two minutes, Dan Zhang could not even stand up straight, let alone skate the rest of the LP.

Ilona

Rinkside
Sasha's Cohen SP & LP & Zhangs. :disagree: :mad: :disapp:
and F\M's CD

Last edited:

gk_891

Rinkside
They may have been mentioned already but for me, it was the OD and FD of Grushina & Goncharov. For both the OD & FD, I would've placed them outside of the top 5. I find their edge quality to be mediocre, their expression to be nothing special, and their programs to be uninspiring. Perhaps what bugs me the most about them is how slow and sluggish they are.

For me,both Plushenko's programs were a bore because he did not put any of his usual salesmanship into them. Given the Cop and his jumping skills, plus his reputation, he had to be way above the others. His rival, Joubert, was certainly not going to even be close.

It'll be interesting if pops in during the next 4 years.

Joe

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
I believe Plushenko's programs.. both the short and the long were grossly overmarked.. I was disgusted at the overall results..