View Poll Results: Most overscored program so far in Turino?

Voters
279. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obertas/Slavnov's long program in pairs

10 3.58%
  • Zhang/Zhang's long program in pairs

80 28.67%
  • Lysacek's long program in mens

25 8.96%
  • Joubert's short program in mens

9 3.23%
  • Plushenko's short program in mens

120 43.01%
  • Other, feel free to identify

35 12.54%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Most ridiculously overscored program so far in Turino?

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    I voted Joubert.

Custom Title
    IMO the only 'ridiculously high scored' program belonged to the Zhangs.

Rinkside
    I would have to say Zhang/Zhag LP and both of Plushy short and long program.
    He pretty much front loaded his LP and did all jumps at the beginning and there's really no choreography. The movements didn't make sense. It was his worst LP ever.

I would say the option Zhang/Zhang. And how dare everyone say Zheniya (Plushenko) was overscored?! I think he definetly earned all the marks he got. He had two outstanding performances and the judges couldn't "overscore" them.

Banned
    The Zhangs were leading for so long, but it looks like the Plushenko short program has overtaken now. I cant really say I felt his long program was overscored though since Buttle and Lambiel would have also scored in the high 160s had they landed all their jumps too. That is why I did not include it as an option, even though some people criticized me for not putting it as well.

I voted for the Zhangs though, their silver medal was a big time crock.

Custom Title
    Kimmie's artistic scores. Come on now...she skates like Tonya.

Why has this board attracted such a spate of ill-tempered posts all of a sudden?

Banned
    six months later, i rewatched the oly medalists and i still say Sasha was WAAAAAAAAAY overmarked.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Why Are We Still talking About This Seven Months Later?????

Banned
    Plushenko's LP was overmarked, but he deserved to win, so I don't really care in the end.

JEFF BUTTLE definitely gets my vote for both the short and long programs. He fell in both performances, made numerous other mistakes, and didn't even skate with much passion or inspiration.

Rinkside
    The programs of Navka/Kostomarov - as always, Grushina/Goncharov and Fusar Poli/Margaglio - CD.

Banned
    I did not see Obertas/Slavnov's long program. The Zhangs were much overscored in the long, but the judges should not have had to punch in scores since they did not deserve to get to come back and continue to skate anyway. They were brave but dumb rules that that is allowed. Lysacek has scored close to his Olympic PB twice since so his score was ok I guess. Joubert's short was not that overscored, Lambiel had a bigger mistake then him and another small mistake and was over him.

Plushenko's short program score was a ludricious piece of nonsense, and his long program score was much too high as well, but the others did so bad in landing enough of their key jumps, that he deserved to win anyway so it does not matter too much. The judges just wanted to make sure he would win even if somebody else was brilliant, and probably even if he had mistakes, they were out to make sure no matter what they would win pairs and mens and the scores showed this. The dance and ladies they scored more openly, giving more reasonable scores to their skaters and making them go in having to 100% earn their golds unlike the way Totmianina and Marinin, and Plushenko, went into their events in the judges eyes. Totmianina/Marinin had to put it all together to win without the pre-event judges cushion the leading Russina pairs and mens had, and they did. Slutskaya went in with the same "earn it 100%" situtation as Totmianin/Marinin and could not, I guess they chose to wrong events to give the pre-event cushioned scoring too as she was the one who would have needed it most in retrospect.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4