Thread: Sports Illustrated All-Time Olympic Disappointments

Custom Title

Sports Illustrated All-Time Olympic Disappointments

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...1.exclude.html

With pics of Michelle Kwan and Debi Thomas.
    Last edited by IndieBoi; 02-17-2006 at 02:37 PM.

Custom Title
    I wish they don't take pictures when a girl is rotating in the air... the expressions are never flattering.

I don't think Michelle's Olympic experiences should be considered disappointments. Sure, she didn't get what she went for, but irregardless an Olympic bronze and Olympic silver medal are both very impressive accomplishments.

Custom Title
    The entirety of Sports Illustrated is an all-time disappointment to me, so far it says it's a magazine that purports to cover many sports. I have yet to forgive their extremely rude and very large photographer for standing up during programs (he was in the front row and I was in the second row). When our friends and I asked him to please keep his equipment confined to 2 chairs and not stand up when we, the people that paid big bucks for the tickets, were watching he gave us a dirty look and lots of attitude. And he spent half the time talking to one of his buddies ignoring whatever skater was on the ice at the time.

The magazine treats skating like a joke anyway and the only person I might read in that magazine is E. M. Swift. So long as I don't have to pay for it. If I had to pay for the magazine, I wouldn't.

Custom Title
    I wouldn't say Michelle was "ambushed" either time. It was extremely close!

Rogue Leader
    I find it interesting that Dan Jansen is on the list. I know he messed up numerous times, but he did finally win a gold medal.