Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Dance, Round 1 - Compulsory Dance

Quote Originally Posted by rain
    This is my worst freakin nightmare....the Italiens in first. They were only a so-so team when they won worlds years ago. This season they've carefully avoided competing against anybody who matters until they get to home court. What a nightmare.
    Rain, I totally agree. I'm normaly not at all into this political gamesmanship thing, but I wonderd why thy they stayed off the GP circut and from Euros....It really irritates me when teams "retire" (formally or not) and then come back for "one last shot"....grrr

On the Ice
    Murielle Zazoui is known to be an amazing Waltz teacher. It is like her favorite dance. I am curious to see how her 2 teams will do.

Rinkside
    I cannot BELIEVE the Italians are in first. Who's paying the judges off THIS year?

*sigh* I dearly hope Tanith and Ben have a rockin' OD.......and are rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3
    Also, granted Silverstein and O'Meara earned their spot based on thier skate at US Nats, anyone wonder if the US 4th place team (ah, can't remember names...she'd got short blond hair and he's Russian) would hve placed higher???
    Yes, Matthews & Zavozin are a much better team. Based on the 4CC results, I bet almost any other federation in the world would have sent them.

Anyway, good luck to Jamie & Ryan in OD!

Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3
    WHAT!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS ARGH!!!!!:banging: :banging: :banging: HOw are the Italians in 1st...are they REALLY that good? I don't remember them being "that" good...argh...sigh....
    Really weird. Compulsories require the precision that Maurizio NEVER had!

Here's to Tanith and Ben getting a good nights rest and a rocking OD....
    Of course, such a low placement for them is very upsetting. However, I wouldn't worry yet. They just aren't very strong in compulsories; I think that largely comes with experience, and by Vancouver they'll just be the best compulsory dancers out there.
    Last edited by Ptichka; 02-17-2006 at 03:32 PM.

Banned
    NOW YOU GUYS SEE WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT REGARDING COUNTRIES AND OFFICIALS PAYING OFF JUDGES! IF LYSACEK'S RIDICULOUS LONG PROGRAM SCORES, AND EVEN ZHANG/ZHANG'S OUTRAGEOUS LONG PROGRAM SCORES DID NOT PROVE IT, THIS CERTAINLY SHOULD. THIS OLYMPICS IS ALL ABOUT DEALMAKING OF THE HIGHEST ORDER, THERE IS NO WAY ON EARTH THE ITALIANS COULD HAVE HAD THE BEST CDS, I AM SORRY. Awww, now I am calmed down. This is almost too funny to be upsetting, I had to laugh at this.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkbiggestfan
    Now I understand why the Italians and Bulagarians skipped Euros! Pure politics!
    How is it politics for the Bulgarians? I'm pleased to see them in 3rd so far, that is great! It would be a nice comeback for them to be on the podium at the Olympics after dropping to 5th at 2005 Worlds.

I will wait judgment on the Italians until I see them skate. I sincerely hope they don't just have this lead because of homecooking.

Not the droid you're looking for
    Okay, I officially have to stop checking for spoilers. No need to get upset about the judging TWICE.
    I'm going to be the first to say it: Meet the new system, same as the old system.
    Rave

Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    NOW YOU GUYS SEE WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT REGARDING COUNTRIES AND OFFICIALS PAYING OFF JUDGES! IF LYSACEK'S RIDICULOUS LONG PROGRAM SCORES, AND EVEN ZHANG/ZHANG'S OUTRAGEOUS LONG PROGRAM SCORES DID NOT PROVE IT, THIS CERTAINLY SHOULD. THIS OLYMPICS IS ALL ABOUT DEALMAKING OF THE HIGHEST ORDER, THERE IS NO WAY ON EARTH THE ITALIANS COULD HAVE HAD THE BEST CDS, I AM SORRY. Awww, now I am calmed down. This is almost too funny to be upsetting, I had to laugh at this.
    So if Slute wins gold, it's because of deal making. Gotcha.

I do think we're maybe getting ready for a climactic meltdown in COP judging and another scandal which may spell the end of dance in the olympics. Forget Pairs, the real scandal in SLC was dance.

Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21

Well....I'm not ready to beleive that skating is that far on the dark side...BUT, having watched the Italian team before and being so underimpressed with them (sloppy edges and loud edges - no smoothness- nothing) It DOES make me wonder just how well they must have skated to be in first....I guess we'll all have to wait and see (or at least I will) when it airs tonight.

Man.....Argh!!!! right now I just can't feel happy for the Italians - I just think they are spoilers for the dance comp....hopefully I'll be in a better mood later.....this Olympics is turning out to be soooo disapointing for so many reasons....

Could someone post current standings or link to them?

BTW, I am a CoP fan, but even I never thought it was a good idea for ice dance.

Rinkside
    Here ya go.....agree, CoP is wrong for dance.....

1 Barbara FUSAR POLI, Maurizio MARGAGLIO (ITA) 38.78
    2 Tatiana NAVKA, Roman KOSTOMAROV (RUS) 38.20
    3 Elena GRUSHINA, Ruslan GONCHAROV (UKR) 37.39
    4 Albena DENKOVA, Maxim STAVISKI (BUL) 37.65
    5 Tanith BELBIN, Benjamin AGOSTO (USA) 37.36
    6 Margarita DROBIAZKO, Povilas VANAGAS (LTU) 35.23
    7 Federica FAIELLA, Massimo SCALI (ITA) 33.20
    8 Oksana DOMNINA, Maxim SHABALIN (RUS) 33.37
    9 Sinead KERR, John KERR (GBR) 31.58
    10 Megan WING, Aaron LOWE (CAN) 31.42
    11 Jana KHOKHLOVA, Sergei NOVITSKI (RUS) 30.90
    12 Melissa GREGORY, Denis PETUKHOV (USA) 30.51
    13 Nozomi WATANABE, Akiyuki KIDO (JPN) 27.95
    14 Jamie SILVERSTEIN, Ryan O'MEARA (USA) 27.53
    15 Kristin FRASER, Igor LUKANIN (AZE) 27.27
    16 Alexandra KAUC, Michal ZYCH (POL) 24.93
    17 Anastasia GREBENKINA, Vazgen AZROJAN (ARM) 24.28
    18 Alexandra ZARETSKI, Roman ZARETSKI (ISR) 23.51
    19 Julia GOLOVINA, Oleg VOIKO (UKR) 23.88

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    How is it politics for the Bulgarians? I'm pleased to see them in 3rd so far, that is great! It would be a nice comeback for them to be on the podium at the Olympics after dropping to 5th at 2005 Worlds.

I will wait judgment on the Italians until I see them skate. I sincerely hope they don't just have this lead because of homecooking.
    It is politics because they are coached by the same person, who is know to really work hard in the background! Don't get me wrong, I love the Bulgarians...but they were healthy to skate at Euros, didn't they skate at Italian nationals????

Custom Title
    I'm gone for one hour and....HOLY CRAP!!!!! My 'nightmare' came true. The only positive is that 6th place (Tan & Ben) is less than two points away from first place.

19 FUSAR POLI Barbara / MARGAGLIO Maurizio ITA 1 38.78 11 NAVKA Tatiana / KOSTOMAROV Roman RUS 2 38.20
    16 DENKOVA Albena / STAVISKI Maxim BUL 3 37.65
    20 DUBREUIL Marie-France / LAUZON Patrice CAN 4 37.44
    9 GRUSHINA Elena / GONCHAROV Ruslan UKR 5 37.39
    12 BELBIN Tanith / AGOSTO Benjamin USA 6 37.36 2 DROBIAZKO Margarita / VANAGAS Povilas LTU 7 35.23
    6 DOMNINA Oksana / SHABALIN Maxim RUS 8 33.37
    10 FAIELLA Federica / SCALI Massimo ITA 9 33.20
    18 KERR Sinead / KERR John GBR 10 31.58
    17 WING Megan / LOWE Aaron CAN 11 31.42

On the Ice
    Delschoe in 7t
    They could give skating lessons to the Italians: Edges 101!
    Give me a break!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast