Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: U.S. snowboardcross athlete shows off before finish line and falls

Rinkside
    I just watched the video of this event and all I have to say is the look on Jacobellis's face after she lost was priceless.

Well, according to the newspaper this morning they took a poll. The vast majority of people under forty voted for, "snowboarding is more about showing off than winning medals, go Linsey."

Folks over forty went with, "If you make it to the Olympics you should try to win."

But the most telling comment on this thread is Soogar's insertion of Michelle Kwan into the discussion, LOL. Michelle is 10,000 miles away, sitting under a palm tree sipping a cool rum and coke, but here she is dominating not only figure skating but Olympic snowboarding as well.

MM

Down With It
    don't you know on ANY skating board, not one thread can escape the wrath of Kwan. Her name will be brought up somehow.

Please, the American athletes are the worse when it comes to celebrating victories, esp when they are far ahead of the pack.
    I haven't taken a survey on every American athlete that has been ahead of the pack or has won on how they celebrate their victories, so I can't comment. However it might be safe to say that most athletes go a little crazy when they are winning or have won-look at how the swiss girl was celebrating.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dlkksk8fan
    I haven't taken a survey on every American athlete that has been ahead of the pack or has won on how they celebrate their victories, so I can't comment. However it might be safe to say that most athletes go a little crazy when they are winning or have won-look at how the swiss girl was celebrating.
    At least she was celebrating after the race...

it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    "U.S. speedskater does axel before finish line and falls"

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Now that a figure skating angle has been brought into the discussion -- does anyone remember the 1991 (?) Worlds, when Surya Bonaly did what I recall at the moment a fairly decent (tho never ratified) quad attempt, gave herself a little applause when she landed it, then took about two strokes and went right down on her face??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2