View Poll Results: Where would Kwan have finished the competition?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gold

57 34.34%
  • Silver

13 7.83%
  • Bronze

20 12.05%
  • No medal, but top 5

44 26.51%
  • No top 5, but top 8

16 9.64%
  • top 10

16 9.64%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Where would Kwan have finished?

Banned

Where would Kwan have finished?

Now that Kwan has officialy withdrawn where do you feel this great Champion would have finished in her final Olympics had she been healthy enough to compete. Just to note I am not referring to a situation of her being healthy since the end of last year, but the situation as it was, with her recovering when she did and staying healthy enough to be able to compete, with everything that has happened until Turino happening as it did until being healthy enough in Turino to be able to compete.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    Now that Kwan has officialy withdrawn where do you feel this great Champion would have finished in her final Olympics had she been healthy enough to compete. Just to note I am not referring to a situation of her being healthy since the end of last year, but the situation as it was, with her recovering when she did and staying healthy enough to be able to compete, with everything that has happened until Turino happening as it did until being healthy enough in Turino to be able to compete.
    given the trend of skaters falling apart at the seams, I think she would have skated pretty clean programs and gotten to the podium - not sure if she would have had enough to get the gold cuz I have no idea what jump sequences she had planned or what her programs looked like - but I think she could have medaled if the women's event turns out to be anything like the men's

Banned
    After seeing the competition she maybe could have won a silver or bronze if she skated cleanly. More likely though she would finish 4th or 5th. That is where most voted as well.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Well, based on the rather odd judging, I guess I would have to suppose she would have been 4th. I'm basing that on Irina finishing 3rd, and I think Irina overall would have probably outskated her, tho maybe not by very much. Now, if Irina had beaten Sasha like IMO she should have, I would have put Michelle for 3rd, because I think she would have beaten Sasha. But given that I feel the final placement order should have been Arakawa, Slutskaya, Suguri, Rochette, Cohen, instead of the order it was in, WHO KNOWS????

Banned
    What is interesting is her ratio of gold picks and medal picks, relative to what is was before the long program has gone far up, there are a far higher ratio of people picking higher placing than before the womens long program? Coincidence?

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    I said top 5, because I don't think she would have gotten a medal in the new judging system

What is interesting is her ratio of gold picks and medal picks, relative to what is was before the long program has gone far up, there are a far higher ratio of people picking higher placing than before the womens long program? Coincidence?
    That is so true. In the short program, Sasha, Irina and Shizuka all did OK, so to predict that Michelle hobbling around out there could only get fourth seemed reasonable.

After we saw the LPs -- Michelle could beat that standing on her head, LOL.

MM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    That is so true. In the short program, Sasha, Irina and Shizuka all did OK, so to predict that Michelle hobbling around out there could only get fourth seemed reasonable.

After we saw the LPs -- Michelle could beat that standing on her head, LOL.

MM
    You are right, hindsight changes alot of views.

Shoe Diva
    You are right, hindsight changes alot of views.
    doesn't it always... i had her in 2nd since december, mainly because i figured that diva would choke (i was so, thankfully, wrong! ) and knew that sasha would splat (i'm just surprised at how many thought otherwise ~ espcially after finishing 1st in the short...) and given that Kwan hadn't competed all season, she'd be ready to kick butt...

now, i think she might've won the whole damn thing... injuries suck.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife
    doesn't it always... i had her in 2nd since december, mainly because i figured that diva would choke (i was so, thankfully, wrong! ) and knew that sasha would splat (i'm just surprised at how many thought otherwise ~ espcially after finishing 1st in the short...) and given that Kwan hadn't competed all season, she'd be ready to kick butt...

now, i think she might've won the whole damn thing... injuries suck.
    It also sucks we never got to see her new programs and to see how many level 3or level 4 elements she actually had or not. That is why I hope she stays next year, so maybe we get to see her programs that she was going to use this year.

She also must have been dissapointing watching how Sasha and Irina skated, and Shizuka cruise to gold with a pleasant unspectacular 5-triple performance.

Custom Title
    when I voted I put her as bronze, but now that I saw the competition, I would put her 1st.

Skating Freak Barbie
    Of course, none of us know what jumps/sequences/combinations she had planned; what kind of spins or footwork, how they would have been rated (just because the U.S. panel she had to test skate for said all her elements were levels 3 and 4 does not mean she would have performed up to that standard). We also don't know whether Michelle as well would have had falls or other significant errors. Kinda hard to tell where she would have ended up when none of us have seen her skate since the most recent injury, and only once all year.

Hi, Kasey. Au contraire, I have seen Michelle's 2006 Olympic performances, many times, in my mind. Her two combinations were triple Axel/triple loop and quad toe/triple toe. This gave her 7 triples and a quad. Her total was 529 points, counting the straight 10s she got in the program components.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Hi, Kasey. Au contraire, I have seen Michelle's 2006 Olympic performances, many times, in my mind. Her two combinations were triple Axel/triple loop and quad toe/triple toe. This gave her 7 triples and a quad. Her total was 529 points, counting the straight 10s she got in the program components.
    Sounds glorious.

Tripping on the Podium
    I put her in 1st.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast