Jenny Kirk to skate pairs with... | Golden Skate

Jenny Kirk to skate pairs with...

K

Kara Bear

Re: Jenny Kirk to skate pairs with...

Crazy huh. But they're still sticking with singles.
This might be a really good move for Jenny.

J

Joesitz

It's great for both of them. It will enhance their basic singles and both have great jumping ability for pairs. As I recall he is a good sized guy and should be able to lift her without problems. Maybe 2006? but definitely 2010.

Joe

G

Glacierskater

???another Yamaguchi/Galindo???

D

Dee4707

Can someone tell me if Fedor Andreev is from Canada or at least is represented by Canada?

Dee

T

tharrtell

I'd love to see this work out for Jenny - maybe this will be her ticket to Worlds and the Olympics. Although, I wonder how will throws affect her hip?

S

SammieJ

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Can someone tell me if Fedor Andreev is from Canada or at least is represented by Canada?[/quote]

Yes, he is a Canadian citizen. :)

D

Dee4707

Thanks Sammi. Was he in any competitions last year or at least on TV? I just don't remember him.

Dee

N

nymkfan51

I agree that this is probably a good move for Jenny. I just wonder though, about trying to train for both singles and pairs ... will that be too much for her hip?

I wish her the best ... she's a very nice young lady.

P

Ptichka

This might be just the thing for them. They are both consistently in the top 5 at their respective Nationals, but I don't think either one has ever got a chance to go to Worlds. Also, they are both soooo beautiful! This might be very very exciting. Thanks for the link :)

S

SammieJ

Dee:

Here is his record from last year:

2002-03
9th Four Continents Championships (Beijing, CHN)
3rd Canadian Nationals (Saskatoon, SK)
6th Finlandia Trophy (Helsinki, FIN)
3rd Nebelhorn Trophy (Obertsdorf, GER)

His mother is Marina Zoueva, choreographer to G&G among others. Check out his official site:

<a href="http://www.theskateblade.com/fedor/index.htm" target="top">Fedor Andreev- The Site</a>

M

mathman444

I would think that it would be very difficult for a lady to train her "muscle memory" to trust her partner in lifts and throws. Are there other examples of skaters who turned successfully to pairs as adults? Did Yuka Sato ever train as a pairs skater before she teamed up with her husband a couple of years ago?

Mathman

S

sk8ing lady2001

That's wonderful. I can't wait to see Jenny with her new partner. Thanks for the news! :)

mzheng

Record Breaker

I also think this is good move for her. With relative weak US pairs fields she had more chances to move up to the Nats contenders than in sigle (where just now she has to compete with AP, YM, Babie for that 3rd spot who knows how many young girls will emerge to the scen in next couple of years). And pairs has relative long sport life.

A

antilles

Jenny Kirk to skate pairs with...

To answer a previous post, no-Yuka Sato only learned pairs when she started to skate with Jason. I'm not sure about any others. Did Jenny Meno alwasy skate pairs? I know she did some singles in her early days.

H

heyang

Best of luck to them both.

I recall seeing Fedor skate at the Grinkov memorial show. He was very charming and cute. I believe he also does some modelling.

Will they skate for the US or Canada?

H

hirshey girl

Someone else may remember better, but I remember seeing Jenni Meno's name in U.S. senior ladies singles in the early 90's- I know that she was in the top 10 in 1990. she must have switched to pairs soon after.

L

Ladskater

That is weird news, since Fedor skates for Canada!

Ladskater

D

DORISPULASKI

Kyoko Ina skated singles before pairs and continued to skate singles for a while. I believe she made top 3 at Nat's one year in both disciplines (1995??). She did not have a flip or lutz.

Jenni Meno skated singles but fell on her triple jumps all the time. Todd Sand used to skate singles for Denmark.

I believe Jennifer Don skated singles before pairs?

Rudi and Kristi skated both singles and pairs right along until Kristi went to seniors.

Of course Ken Shelley! See old trivia thread.

Calla Urbanski was a bottom of the pack ladies senior before turning to pairs.

dpp

K

Kara Bear

Hopefully Fedor won't follow in his girlfriend's steps. Tanith and Fedor stay in Canada!!!!