Ungrateful great? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ungrateful great?

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I notice that Weir also competed in Goodwill Games in 2001. That must have been his first international event with senior men? I saw his skating from there the first time and became immediately a fan.

Does anyone have it on tape, so one could check his exact words?

Last edited:

rob43

On the Ice
As long as the person was polite to everyone- its a logical occurance. The skaters really can't travel with 5 boxes of stuffed flowers and 200 teddy bears. I think of them like Christmas fruitcakes: a nice offering but something you know the person won't keep.

Also- was it during the comp or during exhibition. It could be a woman, pair of ice dancer for all we know.

crazyaboutelvis

Rinkside
Mathman said:
I vaguely remember that this was discussed before, and it was Stojko. I'm sure that the "bin for the children's hospital" is the right explanation. On the COI tour, for instance, I think they routinely gather up all the teddy bears after each performance and donate them to local hospitals.

There was a poster a few mths ago that read on a scrapping board that someone had seen Elvis throw out a childs drawing.It was after the child had left.This poster posted the same thing on other forums.

SunshineSlayer said:
But since Johnny has been around for a long time now, I'm sure that if that were the explanation he would know. I can't imagine him years later saying that it was a trash can when now he would know if it were a bin to give them to hospitals.
Yeah, SUCH a long time--three years, in which during the first year he looked and behaved as if he were 12. :)

Don't get me wrong. I love Johnny, both as a skater and a diva. But "can't imagine him years later saying that it was a trash can when now he would know if it were a bing to give them to hospitals"? Who says now Johnny knows it's a bin to give the stuffed animals to children in hospitals? For all I know, Johnny may have been looking for the bin of free designer duds for the skaters.;)

Johnny, MWAH!:love:

Rgirl

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rgirl said:
For all I know, Johnny may have been looking for the bin of free designer duds for the skaters.

Johnny, MWAH!

Rgirl
Rgirl, I hope Johnny didn't find Camille in the trash. :laugh: :laugh: This thread has really turned into Beargate!!

Dee