Who do you miss the most | Golden Skate

Who do you miss the most

Since SLC Oly's 2002, what retired skater, do you miss most?

• Total voters

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Of all the skaters who retired after the SLC Olympics, who's skating do you miss the most?

You can pick more than 1 option.

Who has made figure skating not feel the same, since they retired?

Last edited:
Well, I don't really miss any of them, because that is pretty much the cast of Stars on Ice. So we can still see them performing -- better than ever!

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
CzarinaAnya said:
Of all the skaters who retired after the SLC Olympics, who's skating do you miss the most?

You can pick more than 1 option.

Who has made figure skating not feel the same, since they retired?

I miss both Alexei and B & S in eligible skating.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mathman said:
Well, I don't really miss any of them, because that is pretty much the cast of Stars on Ice. So we can still see them performing -- better than ever!

Thank goodness! But I still wish there were more "serious" pro competitions for them - a "pro" Grand Prix series. I know we've had that discussion before, but I can dream, can't I?

Evdokia

On the Ice
My picks:

Pairs: B/S - I wonder if they would have stayed eligible for four more years if that scandal in SCL had not occurred? :frown:

Men: That was difficult - I miss Alexej a lot, but on the other hand, I don’t think he could have done any better: he fully realized his potential and won every major title one could win in his eligible career. :rock:
I'm most missing Sasha Abt – I really wish, it would have been possible for him to hang on until Turino, especially with the major splatfest we’ve seen here at the mens’ event. It might have been his chance to really shine! :cry:

Dance: Lobacheva/Averbukh - However, despite I’m missing them a lot on the eligible scene, I’m very happy about the shows they are organizing in Russia, I simply love them! :love: And with having had the chance to watch a few of them live, I might be even quite satisfied with their decision to turn pro. :agree:

John King

Final Flight
What's Russian for 'emptiness'?

I'd say Anjelika Krylova & Oleg Ovsyannikov,although with the comments I've been hearing about his weight,perhaps he would have made further programs look absurd.

FreeKatie

On the Ice
I miss Bereshnaya & Shikeralidze, there is no pair in amateur that compares to them at the moment.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I miss Alexei. (Big secret huh??)

Dee

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I don´t miss any of the male or lady skaters in the above list or outside it... I do though miss Anissina & Peizerat and Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze. Generally I would say, that there always are plenty of interesting skaters competing and new ones to come onto the scene. Skaters come and skaters go, but the sport remains as exciting and interesting.

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Mathman is correct again.

It is a little different then when they were competing. But we all still can see them thanks to Scotty Boy's continued efforts!

Maria was putting a good one together in Ice wars - totally unfair match up, but 4 of my all time fav.s were there so it was good for that. Kurt was amazing!

anniemg

Rinkside
I miss Marina and Gwendal because IMO there has been NOONE since they have retired that has been able to even approach their uniquenesss and their technique....

I also miss Yagudin a lot but at least in mens there's Lambiel to give me some comfort:p