Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Japanese Skaters Look Ready!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by maruru
    They had a press conference. Three together there...

I couldn't find a full transcript, but here are some other quotes they said.

Miki, as the Yahoo article says, sounded just simply happy to be there, but she broke into tears asked about her deceased dad (she'd been Daddy's little girl).
    Sorry to hear about Miki's Dad. It must be difficult to lose a father at such a young age. Did he pass away recently? Even if it has been years I am sure she misses him a lot. He would have been so proud of her.

Vash

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01
    Sorry to hear about Miki's Dad. It must be difficult to lose a father at such a young age. Did he pass away recently? Even if it has been years I am sure she misses him a lot. He would have been so proud of her.

Vash
    I heard he passed away about 10 years ago.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by new_europe2006
    That's what I heard, too. By an accident.

Meanwhile (and I'm sorry if these are posted somewhere already), Miki showed her new costumes in today's practice. This one is for SP and this one is for LP.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogre Mage
    ITA. The Olympics is very, very political. At Worlds the judges seem more likely to rate the performance on its own merits.
    Hey, Zuline share the same view as us from different angle, but the same politics.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs...602190358/1002
    Zhulin sees it slightly less personal, with a follow-the-money take on what goes on behind the scenes. "Everybody is tired of Russian dominance in figure skating, especially at the Torino Games where we could possibly sweep all four disciplines. People create lies to bring us down. Huge money is involved now with the American team having a shot at the podium, and they could make the sport very popular. What endorsements would exist if the Russians win ice dance? The Olympics are more politics than any other sporting event in the world."

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by new_europe2006
    miki's dad died of a car accident, and when miki won her second national title she was wearing her dad's wedding ring on a necklace for luck. i think she really wants to make her dad proud at the olympics. miki always seem so happy and glamorous infront of the media, but this time when they mentioned her dad at the conference she couldn't hold back her tears.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by maruru
    That's what I heard, too. By an accident.

Meanwhile (and I'm sorry if these are posted somewhere already), Miki showed her new costumes in today's practice. This one is for SP and this one is for LP.
    Thanks for posting the links to the photos!

What is that red or pink peaking out on her right thigh in the LP dress??
    Last edited by ladysarahchatto; 02-20-2006 at 11:37 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4