8 Below | Golden Skate

8 Below

Vash01

Medalist
I saw the movie '8 below' today. It had spectacular scenes from the Antarctica, and a story based on some true life events. I really enjoyed it. The dogs were great. Whether you love dogs or not, it will warm your heart.

Highly recommended.

Vash

Buzzz

Final Flight
I went to see it yesterday and loved it!!!!! I highly recommend this movie.:agree: :agree:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Vash01 said:
I saw the movie '8 below' today. It had spectacular scenes from the Antarctica, and a story based on some true life events. I really enjoyed it. The dogs were great. Whether you love dogs or not, it will warm your heart.

Highly recommended.

Vash

I hate to tell you this but the movie was filmed in Smithers, British Columbia - subbing for the Antartica. Pretty cool, eh?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Rats.......I wanted to see this flick yesterday, but hubby wanted to see "Pink Panther" instead...........now he goes around the house all day saying "le bomb"..........:rofl: 42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
three of the dogs that played in the movie were from Soldotna, Alaska...

which is like 30 minutes from where I grew up and about 2.5 hours away from where I am now... their high school sports program sucks (the football coach they had for years loved to cheat, and a lot of refs come from Soldotna so...) and they claim Kenai as a subdivision of Soldotna even though we were established long before they were...

but it's still cool lol

Vash01

Medalist
Ladskater said:
I hate to tell you this but the movie was filmed in Smithers, British Columbia - subbing for the Antartica. Pretty cool, eh?

Oh No! I thought I had seen Antarctica on the screen :lol: (they did show some penguins at the beginning).

'March of the Penguins' however was indeed filmed in Antarctica.

Vash

Last edited: