Resurfacing of the Ice

Warm-Up Group No. 5
24 LUCA Roxana ROM
25 KIM Yong Suk PRK
26 LIASHENKO Elena UKR
27 SUGURI Fumie JPN
28 KOSTNER Carolina ITA
29 COHEN Sasha USA

Mixed feelings about Sasha's draw. Normally I love a late start position, but she will be skating right after Carolina, which could get tricky if Carolina skates lights out. But I think it matters a lot less with COP anyway.

flying camel

Medalist
Most of Sasha's best performances have come in the Short Program. I think she will be okay. I hope she has prepared herself for everything. GO Sasha!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Great info......each grouping has skaters of interest to me..........can't wait. It's going to be a looooong Tuesday.................42

Will we get a complete showing by NBC? Maybe only the Hockey compeitition is left and that is on Sunday.

As for Sasha, she has been doing well in both programs to music she has used many times before. She should be in her comfort zone with muscle memory, and skate two excellent programs. JMO

Joe

Welcome to Golden Skate, Sasha_4. I don't think Sasha will have any problems with the draw. At this stage of her career, she's gone first, she's gone last, she's been in just about every situation. I don't think her nerves will trouble her this time around.

Kimmie, on the other hand, has a great draw for a first-timer. Strut your stuff, then sit in the stands and enjoy the show!

MM :)

CDMM1991

Medalist
I imagine we'll get fairly complete showings from both CBC and NBC seeing as both countries have skaters in the first group, and then the top skaters are at the end.

None of the top skaters seem to stand out to me as having extremely bad draws. I hope everybody skates their best, and we see clean programs, and lots of them, unlike what happened with the men.

nghtvsn

Rinkside
The mens comp shows that start order here has no effect what so ever and I believe it shouldn't but the judges have got to stop giving marks away like candy to the top russians.

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
Sasha_4_The_Win said:
Interesting placement for Sasha.... might hurt her with nerves, but if she skates clean it could help her scores.

I think that by the time they reach such a high level most athletes are used to the draw and skating first, middle of the pack, or last.

The SP has usually been quite strong for Sasha. I expect to see a great skate from all the Ladies! :thumbsup:

kyla2

Final Flight
Thanks!!

Thanks Nymkfan51 for the list. Here's hoping Sasha does well. She deserves a victory. Here's hoping the Fumie, Shiz, and Irina do well also. They have all worked very hard.

CDMM1991

Medalist
How do you think the results will pan out if we have say, the top 10-12 ladies skate clean? Like in SLC.

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
Mathman said:
Kimmie, on the other hand, has a great draw for a first-timer. Strut your stuff, then sit in the stands and enjoy the show!

MM :)

Mathman, I hope you are right.

By the way - Is it correct to say that under the CoP system, an early draw no longer has to worry about judges holding their scores down somewhat to save room for the later skaters?

Give me Kimberly - aww heck, Gimmie Kimmie! :clap:

Thanks, NYMKFAN. That's my gal. :)

Interesting for the US team. They go early, midway, and last. Let's hope Sasha checks her bus schedule. ;)

How I wish NBC would show 10 SPs! I'm with Red Dog. We'll get 6, with long fluff pieces about Kimmie, Emily, Sasha, and Irina--and maybe one on the Japanese "steamrolling program"--none of which I would mind seeing; it's just that I'd rather see more good skaters skate, like the Japanese.

Kimmie's fluff piece will be on how it is being the youngest on the US team. Emily's--on being Sarah's sister. Sasha's--on her inconsistency. Irina's--on her own and her mother's health problems. If they do one on the Japanese, it will be on how the JF changed their program to turn out so many great skaters, which I would find interesting, if the piece is done well.

If they show Sasha skating around with a soft filter on the lens with chiffon flowing everywhere, I'm gonna hurl.

Rgirl