Original Dance - (Round 2) | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Original Dance - (Round 2)

Jasper

Final Flight
Yep, looks like we'll have the same podium as last year's Worlds, unless the Top 3 make big errors tomorrow night.

Crazy number of mistakes!!!

Nice to see the French team in 4th with their amazing FD still to come.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
This is super -- my top two teams 1-2.

Simon & Chris just said: "Well, the crowd is tucking-away the Italian flags. Their team in 7th. Will not skate last group."

CDMM1991

Medalist
So glad Dubreuil and Lauzon are still sitting in the top six. I doubt they will be able to make it to the podium, but hopefully they should be able to move up a bit. I hate when Barbara always looks so obviously mad at Maurizio. If he lets you down so much, get a new partner.

Mafke

Medalist
CDMM1991 said:
I hate when Barbara always looks so obviously mad at Maurizio. If he lets you down so much, get a new partner.

Who else would put up with her?

rain

Record Breaker
I am even more heartbroken.... If Dub/Lau had stayed on their feet I think they actually had a chance at outscoring N/K. N/K were really sloppy in their OD, particularly in their straight-line footwork sequence. Hoping against hope the Canadians still have a shot at the podium, but I fear five points in ice dance is a death knell to their hopes. And after that fall, I just really hope M-F Dubreuil is alright and able to skate the free without too much problem. She really looked like she was in major pain after that fall. D/L are the best lifters in the competition, and I have NEVER seen them fall on one before.

M

mylastduchess

Crap!! If both Canadians didn't fall (deduction -2) They will have been only 2 points of the podium! With a beautiful free dance it would have been enough to win them bronze!

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
Jasper said:
The Italians at the end of their program after he dropped her in the final spin: "She scowls, obviously blaming him for what happened and almost drives the poor man to tears. What scenes here in Turin! Their on-ice staring fight is doing themselves no favours - they look ridiculous!" (from eurosport)
She's awful.
Oh my God I can't wait to see that. Did you ever see the competition where Todd Sand dropped Jenny Meno in the middle of a death spiral? He lost an edge, sat on his butt and she fell to the ice. She was soooooo mad at him! I'm imagining just the same look.

Hooray for BA, looks like DS also made a big move up.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
I'm almost afraid to say it too loudly..."B&A in 2nd place." We don't want to give them the "Johnny Jinx"!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can't wait for the finals!!! I'll be happy if either N/K or B/A win. B/A....I helped to whoop-up support for Tanith's citizenship back on Oct/Nov & simply adore them!!! N/K 'cause of my Russian heritage...and the four-for-four goal. Doggone it...This is really killing me!!!!!!! :chorus:

EvanLysacekFan

On the Ice
Belbin & Agosto are in perfect striking distance of a gold medal. At least that will keep some pressure on the Russians.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Way to go Ben and Tanith........possible podium placement on the horizon.....42

jayta

Rinkside
D/V had a fall! It was insane!

I feel sooooo sorry for them. I think I've never seen them this in shape or 'on it' in their performance and then her hands slip from the lift. And it wasn't like he was holding on to her in any sense of the word. It was all about gravity and going against it that kept her up.

Awwww.

I actually wasn't too impressed at all by any of the dancers. D/L was excellent until the fall. I think they might have had a chance if that hadn't happened. :(

Surprising about FPM and MM! Crazy night of falls. However, I watched and I don't think she really blamed him. They both looked like they were in shock at what had happened. Their skate had been really actually pretty good up until then. But she went up into that lift wobbly and he wasn't able to have a core balance as a result of spinning...and it just fell apart.

Last edited:

rain

Record Breaker
saramago said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Why D&V have that ridiculous scores in componentes, a fall doesn´t justify it!!!!!:disapp:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am shattered by their fall - however, I didn't necessarily think their marks were unfair. They had the required 2-point deduction for the fall, but they also fell on one of the required elements - so like in the short programs for the other disciplines I imagine this really effected their scores as well.
Personally, I thought they had the best performance of the night, aside from the fall, and were definitely headed for podium contention. Their program was far more polished and sure than either the Russians or the Americans, who both had noticeable errors in required footwork sections, and the Ukrainians were quite slow.

maruru

Rinkside
sk8fanconvert said:
Oh my God I can't wait to see that.

Just saw The NY Times article (from AP) on that.

They started the night in first place, much to the delight of the Italian, flag-waving crowd. They finished on their backsides, shaking up the standings and glaring at each other for several long seconds before taking a final bow.

The fall wasn't so bad, but the drama that followed was pure theater.

Fusar Poli and Margaglio were doing a lift when she seemed to get out of position, he lost his balance and they both crashed to the ice.

They got up, but instead of nodding to the judges and acknowledging the crowd, they stood apart and stared each other down. Neither was giving much ground and watching them made you wondered if fists would start flying.

No hugs for this couple.

Finally, they turned, smiled and left the ice.

While awaiting their marks, Fusar Poli buried her head in her hands -- and that was before she saw the marks that dropped them to seventh.

Dang... I gotta watch that...

Last edited:

kyla2

Final Flight
Wow!

Sorry to hear that some of the skaters fell. I am very happy for B&A. I think they have a shot at a medal, but which one remains to be seen. I wish them the best of luck.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
I just watched it on SRC (French Canada) and I couldn't believe the severity of Marie-France's fall. That woman is so tiny with no meat on her bones. Though I'm sure the fall in placings hurts more than the physical fall. Very hard to watch them go through that.

Barbara, Barbara, Barabara! For one, she seemed like she was overdoing the dance. She was ahead of him on a lot of the elements and really overdoing the arm thrusting and expression. I wonder if she didn't jump into his arms too forcefully. But that hands on her hips glare bit at the end! Meow!!!!

kyla2

Final Flight
Hmmm...

Barbara is over the top because she is trying to make up for Maurizio, who God Bless him, struggles a little bit. N&K deserve their placement and so do Tanith and Ben. D&L are wonderful and it is a shame that she fell out of that lift. I wonder if she will be able to compete if she has a severe bruise on her hip? They can be extremely painful and she certainly doesn't have alot of meat on her to cushion any fall. I don't think anyone should be too comfortable with their current placements however. As we have seen, alot can change.