Thread: Viktoria Volchkova hospitalized

Viktoria Volchkova hospitalized

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Johar
    It really is not that bizarre, blisters can get infected very easily and the infection gets in the blood stream and away it goes to the heart...It travels fast and so very painful. I know because I have been there done that. I wish V. V. a speedy recovery..

Custom Title
    I wish Vika the absolute best. I'm so glad that they got her to the hospital for the necessary treatment, as this is a very dangerous type of illness. I hope she has a speedy and thorough recovery, and I hope her performances at Worlds will be televised; I look forward to seeing her skate again. Please take your zinc, Vika!

Rinkside
    I wish Viktoria all the best.

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    Hillary Swank suffered from a similar incident while training for the film million dollar baby, her infection started from a blister on her toe.

I hope V makes a full recovery.

Custom Title
    Poor Vika!

I start thinking that she might be cursed of something, it's like one bad luck after the other happening to her recently and always at the most inappropriate time (like having pneumonia / the flu before Nationals, breaking her arm before Nationals, having to undergo knee surgery at the beginning of an Olympic season ...:banging: ). What a pitty for her.

At least there is hope that, with missing Turino Games now, she might have an additional motiviation to stay eligible until 2010. :indiff: