Thread: What's up with Team Canada Hockey?

What's up with Team Canada Hockey?

We got beat by the Swiss now we're getting our butts kicked by the Finns! And why are we playing Luongo instead of a guy who knows how to play in the Olympics? Guess we'll have to count on the women to show 'em how it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama
    What's up with Team Canada Hockey?
    We SUCK.

Custom Title
    Finns are unbeaten and Swiss are riding a hot set of goalies. If it's any consolation, Czechs are playing poorly and so are the Americans.

Incidently, Canada has not scored in the last half of the tournament. So you can't use the Gretzky-Janet Jones-Rick Tochett gambling distraction. I think it's just they lost to 2 teams that are better.

However, these 2 losses will cost them a good seed in the quaterfinals and theat maybe the end of Canadian hopes.

I think it's plain sickening and I'm utterly disgusted with them right now... so much for the dream team?

Custom Title
    OOOOOOOOH Canada. What's happening to them. Who would have thought that they would lose two straight games. It must mean that the other teams are spot on or Canada's team is the pits. Let's hope they do better with the rest of the games. It not like they weren't trying but they just couldn't anything with it.

You know, I think the guys they picked just aren't playing as a team. They are getting outplayed badly and, on paper, should be the best team going. They picked ringers (I mean, guys who are great in that position) but no real big name starters who've won championships. Last time we had Lemieux and he knows how to win tournaments. Bugs my butt not to see Marty in goal. He was a huge factor in the Salt Lake gold. Do two losses in Round Robin mean we can't get into the gold medal game or does it just effect who we play first?

Custom Title
    round robin outcome only effects who you play in the quaterfinal, so basically Canada will be facing a strong opponent. Gold medal game is played by teams who ahd won the semi-final games. Loosers of the semifinal games play for teh bronze. If you loose the quaterfinal you are out of the medal hunt.

Custom Title
    They better get their acts together soon.

Rinkside
    I wouldn't worry about it yet. In salt lake city canada had a horrible start, and look where they ended up...

Custom Title
    Canada beat the Czechs 3-2. What an excellent game. Go Canada. Good game also for the Czechs.