Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Oh No What Horrible News About D&L

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised
    Just thinking about that fall gives me the shivers. :(
    I am sure she will end up just like your name.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Magz
    If you check the live results right now, you can see that they withdrew. I'm sooo sad for them, this was a terrible way to end their Olympics. Wishing Marie-France a speedy recovery!
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...orino2006/home

"I came because there is a chance we might skate tonight, and if she does, at least I'll have had been on some ice and be able to help her more," said Lauzon.

With that, he turned away, he leaned over as raw emotion grabbed him by the throat, and he cried.

It'd been a rough night after getting to their room at 1 a.m. after X-rays in hospital.

"Me, a bit," he replied when asked if they'd got much sleep. "Her, I don't think so."

That's just so unfortunate... I feel so sad for both of them.
    Sometimes I feel olympic medals are so over-rated they can add so much emotional pain to unfortunate mishaps.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by IndieBoi
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...orino2006/home

That's just so unfortunate... I feel so sad for both of them.
    Sometimes I feel olympic medals are so over-rated they can add so much emotional pain to unfortunate mishaps.
    I'm so sorry to hear they had to withdraw. Their CD was beautiful, until that fall (which was so nasty and scary).

I'm so sad that they're not competing :( It was so unfortunate...and I was really hoping that maybe they could get bronze...I feel so bad for them :( poor Marie-France and Patrice...

Custom Title
    They were on the french tv. They were obviously disappointed but tried to cheer up. "That's life. Accidents are part of an athlete's life." They thanked everyone for support messages.
    It was very nice of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Did anyone but me get the feeling that the accident was caused by centrifigal force, and that she did not have a good hold on him and was slipping away during the turns?

It was not the ordinary fall of tripping on each other's skates.

Pity, a great Dance team.

Joe
    ITA with you Joe. The hold was not too strong, and the CF was too much for it (noticed how she kept spining on the ice when she fell). I hope she recovers soon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3