Oh No What Horrible News About D&L | Golden Skate

Oh No What Horrible News About D&L

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I imagine everyone has learned by now that Marie-France had a nasty fall in the Original Dance program. I was hoping F&M would stumble, but this is just too much. There goes their medal chance. I wish Marie-France a speedy recovery. I feel so bad for them. This was to be their final year in competition. What a way to go out.

Jasper

Final Flight
It is such a shame, but I hope they recover quickly and get a chance to perform their classic FS. And perhaps they will make up for a sour result here with a podium finish at Worlds in Calgary...

CDMM1991

Medalist
I just hope that they get to skate in the FD, and that they skate their best if they do. You never know; the same thing that happened tonight could have tomorrow night, and if Marie-France and Patrice are one of the couples left standing, they could be left standing on the podium. With a free dance like theirs, anything can happen.

DeBz

Rinkside
That fall looked like it really hurt... I hope they'll be able to skate in the free program tomorrow. To think, they could've been in second without the fall...

CDMM1991

Medalist
I don't know about second, but definitely third. Anyways, they said the X-Rays came back negative and Marie-France just has a very large bruise on her hip. Hopefully she should be able to skate tomorrow. If only their was a day in between like with all the other events.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was really hoping for a podium finish for them because I really like them and I love thier free dance. We need to send good vibes their way.

Dee

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
CDMM1991 said:
I don't know about second, but definitely third. Anyways, they said the X-Rays came back negative and Marie-France just has a very large bruise on her hip. Hopefully she should be able to skate tomorrow. If only their was a day in between like with all the other events.
Even a bad bruise on the hip could be debilitating in the short term. That was a horrifying fall. I'm so glad she didn't break it. I was sure she had a fracture.

sk8addict

On the Ice
in my heart

Dee4707 said:
I was really hoping for a podium finish for them because I really like them and I love thier free dance. We need to send good vibes their way.

Dee
I am sending them unconditional love from my heart right now. If there was no muscle damage they could give her a numbing injection before the skate tomorrow. At least they should be ready for worlds without any problems. I love the "out of africa program" also.

Serena

Rinkside
I hope Marie-France is well enough to skate in the free dance, but I'm just glad that it wasn't anything too severe.

Vash01

Medalist
I wonder why the schedule did not allow a day off between the OD and FD? It would have made more sense than to have the day off between CD and OD.

Vash

Vash01 said:
I wonder why the schedule did not allow a day off between the OD and FD? It would have made more sense than to have the day off between CD and OD.
Vash
So true, Vash. I guess it was just dumb scheduling. I think people, even Olympic organizers, still think ice dancing is done by plump skaters in dorky costumes doing the polka on ice. NOT!

One thing's for sure: Ice dance has now joined the other figure skating disciplines as a high risk sport. Perhaps many of the teams just weren't prepared for the extra rush of adrenaline athletes only get at the Olympics combined with the increased difficulty in the OD and FD of ice dance under the COP this season. I think we may see a lot of cautious performances in the FD.

OMG, both my guy and me gasped when Marie-France Dubreuil fell SMACK!-bounce-bounce on the side of her hip. As I say in my post in the "OD" thread, that's almost where the hip has the least amount of muscle to cushion the fall and the most amount of bone to hurt. Man-o-Man, that is going to hurt! Patrice Lauzon was so gallant and attentive to Marie-France from the moment he got up to when he carried her off to the waiting stretcher. Sooooooo sad. :cry:

And they were skating so brilliantly up to that point! My guy, who never does this kind of thing, applauded when Marie-France slipped her hands and arms through the chiffon halter of her costume, revealing her chest and making you think for a moment things were going to get really hot! But what a great effect that instead she revealed a gold beaded and sequined halter that had been underneath. While applauding, my honey said, "Oh, yeah! She's really talented!" :laugh:

Best wishes to Marie-France Dubreuil!

Rgirl

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope & pray that Marie France will be OK after that horrible fall. I wonder if they'll be able to do their wonderful free dance "Somewhere in Time" tonight. If not, may she be well recovered in time for Worlds in Calgary.

Did anyone but me get the feeling that the accident was caused by centrifigal force, and that she did not have a good hold on him and was slipping away during the turns?

It was not the ordinary fall of tripping on each other's skates.

Pity, a great Dance team.

Joe

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rgirl said:
My guy, who never does this kind of thing, applauded when Marie-France slipped her hands and arms through the chiffon halter of her costume, revealing her chest and making you think for a moment things were going to get really hot! But what a great effect that instead she revealed a gold beaded and sequined halter that had been underneath.
Rgirl when did this happen?? I'm not quite sure what you're talking about??

Dee

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
Rgirl when did this happen?? I'm not quite sure what you're talking about??

Dee

Towards the middle of the program, she slipped her arms through the front straps to reveal the sparkly top... like what little kids do with overalls. It was tres cool... of course, my husband isn't as cultured as Rgirl's honey and thought she'd just put the dress on backwards... Too bad about their fall. Hope to see them tonight.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks KW, I know I was watching but didn't see that. I love this team and am hoping she is OK.

Dee

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
On CBC this morning, they said Patrice practised today but not M-F. She may take an Olympic-approved injection for the pain but nothing has been decided yet. I feel just sick for them. Marie-France is so tiny and, speaking as a thritysomething, your body just doesn't bounce back at our age like a younger athlete. I hope she's okay.

Joesitz-I guess last night Patrice said he may have gotten excited and got going a little faster than usual in his turns so centrifugal force would be the cause.

emma

Record Breaker
I feel so badly for this pair...and they were looking so wonderful. I wish them well!