Has anyone else fallen in love with Joey Cheek? | Golden Skate

Has anyone else fallen in love with Joey Cheek?

Dibs

Rinkside
I follow the Olympics pretty closely and no other athlete has impressed me like Joey Cheek. He donated all his $35,000 dollar winnings to charity and used his sudden celebrity to bring attention to an organization that uses athletes to help children in poverty and war torn countries. Since his donation, I think nine organizations matched or exceeded his donation to the cause totaling close to $300,000 dollars. Cheek specifically wants to help children in the Sudan.

He's also going back to college and retook his SAT's. He is trying to get into Harvard, Yale, and some other Ivy League schools, and he has the intelligence to back this up apparently. Also, he's pretty easy on the eyes and completely humble in all of his interviews. I am definitely in love.:love: So to add it all up, he intelligent, generous, humble, and good looking.

rumie

Spectator
You're definitely not the only one. Cheek has been the best story of the Olympics for me. His attempt to focus the media's lens on the stiuation in Darur and his donations to charity is a stunning contrast to the catfight that is going on between his teamates. Of course, I have always had a thing for humanitarian speed skaters (had the biggest crush on Johan Olav Koss). Actually, Koss started the Right to Play organization that Cheek is donating to.

ceg15

On the Ice
I think he seems like a sweetie! Not cocky at all, took everything in stride!

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I like him too, great skater, great sportsmanship, always has a smile on his face, gracious and respectful of his competitors. Totally unlike the more overhyped "ugly" American Chad Hedrick.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
(*raises hand*)
Me too! Something about gold medals, philanthropy and a handsome face that gets me every time. :love:
xoxo
Rave

Orion

Rinkside
What a cutie!!! And, to top it off, he evidently cares about other people. Looks AND heart = my kind of guy! :thumbsup:

rob43

On the Ice
Yeah- he's pretty much been a class act with 2 a**clowns bickering around him. But truth be told I think all the speedskaters with the two notable exceptions have handled themselves very well. Fitzrandolph is going home empty-handed but has said very kind things about the teammates & competitiors who nabbed the medals he wanted.

It's sad the dueling men and the guy who got kicked off the team for behavior in the bar are getting all the press.

kolab

Spectator
i agree he is soo adorable. I heard he didn't get into Harvard. I sorry if George Bush can get into an Ivy league college, and Joey Cheek can't what is wrong with the world? From what I understand Cheek is smarter than Bush and he is a great role model.